A Hitch For a 70 Mustang?

:D I just used the 06 Stang and it's trailer to haul the Lincoln Versailles rearend (I bought to resell last week) to deliver it to the buyer. :rlaugh: I'm laughing all the way to the bank.:rlaugh: I backhauled the brother-in-law's welding machine with it too. Now I can weld the exhaust on the 77 Comet.:nice: If you don't like hitches on Mustangs, don't get your panties in a wad, you're not the one paying the notes on my car every month. Last summer, on the way back from Colorado in the 06 Stang, I passed a fellow Stanger moving home (he had North Carolina plates & was east bound on I-40 in New Mexico) He had the whole inside of the 98-04 Stang, "chock a block full" of his belongings. No way he could see out the rear window, didn't matter anyway, the trunk lid was piled high with more "stuff". I gave him a freindly wave as I passed him doing (lets just say I was well over the posted speed limit of 75) mph with the trailer, tagging right along. :nice: Ain't found the Stang's topend yet, towing a trailer.:D I weighed the trailer and load at a truck stop then and the gross weight of the trailer was 800 lbs. The 06 GT towed it like it wasn't there. Only fuel penalty I paid was 1 mpg.

• Sponsors (?)

:rlaugh: The only "joke" here is you and your comment:stupid:

Awe c'mon now, let's be fair. Posing all proud because you got a couple of hooter :taco:s to pose with you is by far a bigger joke than his comment. Using it as your avatar makes it just priceless.:rlaugh:

I dare anyone to pull up along this car and tell him how lame his hitch is.:rolleyes:

DSC05697.sized.jpg

Awe c'mon now, let's be fair. Posing all proud because you got a couple of hooter :taco:s to pose with you is by far a bigger joke than his comment. Using it as your avatar makes it just priceless.:rlaugh:

I dare anyone to pull up along this car and tell him how lame his hitch is.:rolleyes:

DSC05697.sized.jpg

that hitch also doubles as his drag chute mount too. pretty ingenious, though i'm not 100% sure it's entirely legal but they've let him get away with it so far.

I like the idea. For many of us, our Mustang is the highest-hp, highest-tq, vehicle we own. For some of us, it's the only vehicle we own. Hitch that pony up!

I would probably find some way to reinforce the car wherever you mount it. A bar going from the rear frame rail to the other frame rail, hopefully with a tab on the end to wrap around the frame rail so you have a weld all the way around, should do the trick. I would get it close to the rear leaf spring perch. Not looking at the back of my ride and with no knowledge of the requirements for ball hitch mounting points, I would look it up and overbuild the hell out of it. Nothing wrong with extra frame reinforcement and weight over the rear wheels connected to rear suspension attachment points.

I like the idea. For many of us, our Mustang is the highest-hp, highest-tq, vehicle we own. For some of us, it's the only vehicle we own. Hitch that pony up!

I would probably find some way to reinforce the car wherever you mount it. A bar going from the rear frame rail to the other frame rail, hopefully with a tab on the end to wrap around the frame rail so you have a weld all the way around, should do the trick. I would get it close to the rear leaf spring perch. Not looking at the back of my ride and with no knowledge of the requirements for ball hitch mounting points, I would look it up and overbuild the hell out of it. Nothing wrong with extra frame reinforcement and weight over the rear wheels connected to rear suspension attachment points.
My 67's hitch had a four point mount, two 1/2" x 2" flat bars across the bottom of the fuel tank, with another stretching from the front to the rear bar and out the back, under the license plate frame. (and bent to the contours to fit) My Comet's hitch is strictly a bumper mount. The 06 Stang's is a Hidden Hitch reciever mount, Drawtite makes one for it too. I bought my last two hitches via www.etrailer.com

I'm glad to see I'm not crazy, like my GF thinks I am for the hitch idea. I figure why leave the Pony at home when I can hitch a trailer to it and haul her crap with us. Thanks for the great feedback.

Pride is lame. Action is what matters. What you didn't see later with those Hooter's :taco:s is why I win :nono:

Well, I must say to the guys with hitches at least the vehicle is used to pull a trailer rather than be in the trailer:shrug:

Pride is lame. Action is what matters. What you didn't see later with those Hooter's :taco:s is why I win :nono:

Well, I must say to the guys with hitches at least the vehicle is used to pull a trailer rather than be in the trailer:shrug:

Hell...anyone can score with a hooters :taco:....nothing noteworthy there...:rolleyes:

I would much rather have my pride intact than some gift that keeps on giving disease from a hooters :taco:..

Trying to figure out what you won?? The bragging rights of bagging a :taco:....who cares?:rlaugh:

I won't dignify anyone with a response to that. This will be my last post on the topic as you guys already know what my stance is on hitches. You guys can remain on topic to get your hitch situation sorted out

Hell...anyone can score with a hooters :taco:....nothing noteworthy there...:rolleyes:

I would much rather have my pride intact than some gift that keeps on giving disease from a hooters :taco:..

Trying to figure out what you won?? The bragging rights of bagging a :taco:....who cares?:rlaugh:

He actually didn't say he scored so don't go reading into his reply and give credit where it's not due no matter how easy the task would be. "Pride" is probably just his nickname for his unit (explains why it is lame) The "action" I am sure was little more than rubbing one out while uploading the picture to www.enzyte.com/usergroup/contest and being the only one dumb enough to actually enter a picture of yourself gauranteed the win.:rolleyes:

He actually didn't say he scored so don't go reading into his reply and give credit where it's not due no matter how easy the task would be. "Pride" is probably just his nickname for his unit (explains why it is lame) The "action" I am sure was little more than rubbing one out while uploading the picture to www.enzyte.com/usergroup/contest and being the only one dumb enough to actually enter a picture of yourself gauranteed the win.:rolleyes:

hmm..must be one of his followers...:rolleyes:

and now back to the original topic...

Very true..but...he started it dad!!!!:rlaugh:

..it was childish....doesn't change my opinion about them though..

and I still have that hitch if the original poster is interested...:shrug:

:rlaugh: I won't hold it agianst you.:D I "unloaded" on a guy over on the Ford Truck Enthusiest site last week and the Moderators weren't happy with that. But the guy deserved every bit. :nono: He claimed to be a Ford Parts man of 34 years, which he's obviously not. I've caught him in too many obvious mistakes for his claims to be true. He's got em fooled though.:rlaugh: I banned myself from that site. :nice:

We have a picture in the shop of our senior partner's 65 Coupe pulling a car trailer with his 69 race car on it...too cool in my opinion. Not sure I would want a hitch myself though.
Oh, it was a very long time ago. Probably 25 years ago or so.

:rlaugh: I won't hold it agianst you.:D I "unloaded" on a guy over on the Ford Truck Enthusiest site last week and the Moderators weren't happy with that. But the guy deserved every bit. :nono: He claimed to be a Ford Parts man of 34 years, which he's obviously not. I've caught him in too many obvious mistakes for his claims to be true. He's got em fooled though.:rlaugh: I banned myself from that site. :nice:

Cool!! Thanks!

Just a bad day at the office I guess....found out that a customer that ordered 7 drilling rigs actually wants them....:shrug: how crazy is that? They only cost ~15 million US dollars...what is wrong with people...:nonono:

I guess I should take myself to Hooters and get me some wings or "something" to punish my bad behavior.

Jim

88gt, just noticed your location---------Wyoming. I was just up there 2 weeks ago. They're building drilling rigs (oil) down in Houston in a half dozen places I've seen.

Well...actually, I'm in northeast Oklahoma. My employer is most likely one of those rig manufacturers you speak of. We have an assembly facility at the Greensport yard. We have almost 200 land rigs in our fleet in operation scattered all over the world. We have less than a dozen off-shore rigs as well. Times are very-very good right now. We are building 4 complete rigs a month to meet demand from our customers.:nice: