a new breed of meets?

tarch

My 8V > 4V > 2V
Founding Member
Aug 20, 2002
Redmond, WA
well due to recent events quite a few members, of this and other sites, have asked me if there is a meet other than BM.

i have answered no to each one.

however it was suggested that we meet at the XXX in Issaquah. so. deliberating about it, why do we go to BM in the first place?

1. Tradition?
2. Good food?
3. Car folks and friends?

well a few questions were brought up by the said members

1. Tradition is ok
2. Food is hardly decent
3. Most of the 'regulars' don't show up anymore
4. It is lame, now that the cop is there

now not all of these are my views. in fact i believe that tradition is the strongest one of them, but.
Food is definately bad.

The cop is being picky to me.

I don't care where I go for a meet to be honest. But I do like to go for a cruise every once in a while. In the past, no matter how good the weather was, we didn't. I don't know why we even went to Renton that one time. WTF is up with that... just cuz the yuppie decided to go there, we went along.

Also 405 isn't that much fun when there are a ton of cars... in contrast to I90 or SR520

So here's a proposition:

What: Stang Meet(other models are more than welcome)
Where: XXX in Issaquah(as it was designed for car meets)
Why: Because
When: One of the upcoming Saturdays
Who: Stangnet and SVTPERFORMANCE people(other people welcome)

Comments, suggestions, date proposals for first meet, please sign below

Thank you for your attention,
Kalin

• Sponsors (?)

BM became too crowded. last time i went i had to park off lot. not very fun when you have to park your car away from the others. either that or just leave and go home.

9pm is late... some daylight hours, or late evening would be better.

i'd like to do some cruising during the day. road trip or something.

yeah... and the food isn't the greatest! especialy when its being forced down my throat.

Reason I dont goto the burgermaster meets anymore is because

1. Its really crowded
2. That cop was being a bitch to me
3. Its too far away

I wouldn't mind the drive if say we met there and then went cruising around for a while. I really like to cruise around, thats hella cool to see a nice line of mustangs driving around. We should have meets in say Renton or something. Renton is alot closer than almost everett for me. Sounds like a majority of you live in bellevue area, so its not that far for you guys either. We could maybe meet up at the mall around 8 or so and then cruise to fife to this little burger place called 'the pick quick' its a little burger place. Has really good food (cept the fries, i dont like them lol), good milkshakes and everything. Then goto the tacoma mall and make fun of the ricers up there lol. The stangs would show the rice whats up. Especially caucstangs lol.

i was just at the south center mall last night at closing 7pm Sunday. wow that was scary. plus it would be good to meet somewhere that you can do/eat something while you wait for everyone else to show up.

i'd be up for several different meeting spots but also it would be good to be able to check where people are "on the fly" or some way to join in after everyone has left the meeting spot to cruise somewhere.

hummm.... i guess that's why we have phones. DUH.

Totally understandable Kalin. And you are right, not a lot of the regulars are showing up any more and I am guilty of slacking off, but also, the weather was bad last Saturday and that is why I did not show. The Triple X is a good place, but the food there is no different. I was thinking of a BBQ to re-kindle peoples spirits, but what I am really realizing is that most people are beginning to walk away from the hobby that we have come to love so much. Probably due to gas prices, or job loses what have you. A cruise is a great idea, especially one during the day... I am getting an idea... I will save if for a new thread :)

Although I haven't been to a meet yet, I really am looking forward to attending. I'm just about through a good chunk of my honey-do list so this will free up some time for me to join-in. I'm a newbie who will fill the shoes of an old-time regular who doesn't attend anymore. ;)

Anything south of Mill Creek / Bothel is good for me!

yeah man, I think that a meet more south that is nearer to most of us guys is a good idea. Also a BBQ/beer meet would be really cool? but yeah, we need a place to take our time, BS, and not worry about being hassled. Granted we own cars with reputations for burnouts, and outrunning cops, etc... we can still find places where we don't have to feel like we are supervised by "the man" I also like the idea of a cruise, just wait till my motor is rebuilt, I'm gonna show y'all what a N/A 306 can do!

btw Kalin, I was telling kevin to tell you all that stuff about me being a rip off.
:D

TheRedBlur said:
yeah man, I think that a meet more south that is nearer to most of us guys is a good idea. Also a BBQ/beer meet would be really cool? but yeah, we need a place to take our time, BS, and not worry about being hassled. Granted we own cars with reputations for burnouts, and outrunning cops, etc... we can still find places where we don't have to feel like we are supervised by "the man" I also like the idea of a cruise, just wait till my motor is rebuilt, I'm gonna show y'all what a N/A 306 can do!

btw Kalin, I was telling kevin to tell you all that stuff about me being a rip off.
:D
haha i had fun about the rip off ;)

I am not hung up on the BM thing. But I feel the need to make a few points.
1. We have gone out cruising. Now sure it may not be everytime. But if you only show a couple times. Then base it off of that. You are missing out.
2. Kalin. I have no problem doing this. If you want to organize this go ahead. Weather permitting I will be there. But if you aree going to leave 1/2 an hour after getting there. Like you have done the past few times at BM. Then I am not inclined to make this any type of regular visit.
3. Yes I admit that the female cop has been a bi***. But she has been there what 2 times? The cop with the silverado has been more than cool and talkative. And he has been there more than the female.

SVTdriver said:
Uh maybe after a few cases of tequila. And an attitude change.

Just picture her in black leather a la Ilsa of the SS. The attitude's not a problem then. :rlaugh:

XXX is a pretty cool place to meet. There are usuall some pretty nice cars that come through there on the weekend, food is ok, the owner is very cool, and they have a big upper lot for car shows/parking....Then again, I'm biased since its only about 5 min from my house.

JetBrett said:
Just picture her in black leather a la Ilsa of the SS. The attitude's not a problem then. :rlaugh:

XXX is a pretty cool place to meet. There are usuall some pretty nice cars that come through there on the weekend, food is ok, the owner is very cool, and they have a big upper lot for car shows/parking....Then again, I'm biased since its only about 5 min from my house.
oh dang... never saw it like that

now that i think about it, if her uniform was another color... :drool: