A photoshop of things to come...

85_SS_302_Coupe

it sucks (I know) to be on the receiving end
15 Year Member
Nov 11, 2003
Northern KY
Not my first choice in rims, but they're gonna look killer. I liked the Welds a lot but they just don't fit the image in my head of where my car is heading.

attachment.php

Also keep in mind that the actual diameter of the tire is going to fill the wheel wells more so it'll look better than that.

• Sponsors (?)

What's wrong with what you have now ????? :shrug:

It only goes in a straight line :D

I'm bored with the one-trick Pony....this one's getting suspension and is destined for the road course, and Welds just won't cut it there. Also it's too risky to run something really nice like a ROH rim since one bad drive off can ruin a rim. Also the R's are relatively light for what they are.

I like that better than the big & littles you have now for some reason :shrug: you need to shoot your car primer black and that thing will look menacing :nice:

I like that better than the big & littles you have now for some reason :shrug: you need to shoot your car primer black and that thing will look menacing :nice:

Yeah i really don't mind the R's....i've ragged on'em before because they're so common, but in truth they are nice wheels (which is why they're so common) and i think they'll look really good.

As for the primer, i've also got a new set of doors in the works that i'm kinda restoring (new window trim and door panels and guts etc) so once that's done, it's getting primered again and then a little more body work and it'll be off to paint finally but that's probably at least a year off.

Not my first choice in rims, but they're gonna look killer. I liked the Welds a lot but they just don't fit the image in my head of where my car is heading.

attachment.php

Also keep in mind that the actual diameter of the tire is going to fill the wheel wells more so it'll look better than that.

I'm a weld wheel basher. I absoluetly hate the look of them. But they do have a purpose and thats why people buy them for drag racing. Personally i think the R's make your car look newer, sportyer, and just plain better. The whole primer and welds was not the prettyest look of all. But the cobras help give your notch some respect on the appearance level!

I am glad every fox and SN95 owner in the world has R's now cause it makes my Welds rare.

Well, i'd say the only Welds that are probably ever going to be considered rare are the 17'' Weld XPs...the rest are pretty much a dime a dozen. That's not to say R's aren't either, i'm just going with the wheel that's going to get me the best performance for what my car is going to be doing. It's really a form following function kind of deal.