A Pillar Gauge Podn

Black Stampede

Founding Member
Sep 3, 2002
Grand Rapids, MI
Hi guys, two questions:

1. Does the A pillar gauge pod fit if you have the mach 460 sound system?
2. If so, does the autometer a pillar pod work if you have a convertible? Summit says it is only for coupes but how the heck is it any different?

Thanks!

Jon

• Sponsors (?)

The difference is in the top configuration. The convertible is different and hasn't been available for 5+ years. Here's a couple of shots of mine. It doesn't look bad at all.

INTERIOR8a.JPG

gauges3.JPG

I found this older link about what I am wondering.

I would like to know how and where the wires run for this to work. Do they fit under the A pillar cover? Do you have to drill a hole to get them behind/under the dash?

Also, what about the ones that use a tach and sit on the 87 to 93 dash - do you have to drill a hole for the wires in the top of the dash cover?

Which two gauges would you first put in a manual 5.0 fox Mustang? Oil and temp?

Temp and volt are my preferred. Voltage is a wonder for Fox if you haven't done a 3g alternator upgrade. Temp is a concern more with sn95s but still nice to have.
Mostly because of the electrical fans working and not working in the 94s+ while in the Foxs the mechanical is constant.

I wouldn't use an A pillar, I would use a center din gauge holder, there's one that adds 3 gauge below the radio, it's more subtle and smoother with the interior.
The A pillar does seem more racing geared but if you're not big into racing, I wouldn't do it.