A post a day......

80 gig old school,backward compatible.
According to the video,due to excess heat the CPU and GPU dislodge from the motherboard.
the heat gun is used to heat the GPU/CPU,melting the solder to re attach them to the motherboard.

I'll post the link to the video here in a minute.

• Sponsors (?)

I was just pondering, if supercharger companies know that their inlet tubes are junk, why don't THEY offer their blowers with better ones? Why let Anderson bank all that cash when they could simply make a better product and either charge more for the entire system or offer it as an upgrade.

I've been dreaming of going back to the race track. The stang basically needs $2K in work to go drag racing again, so that's out for now. Then I thought it might be cool to do a few laps of Road Atlanta. I can do that with a messed up transmission, no roll bar and no locker. So I did some research, and found out it costs $250/day to run. That and I need an SA2005 or better approved helmet. Well, I have a helmet, I just need an SA2005 approved sticker to go in it to make it look legit. Either way, that's out too. I don't think my car would hold out for enough laps to make $250 worthwhile.

Kurt

I just had a death in the family. My loyal Hitachi GS125R Angle grinder had a commutator attack today, and passed......in a fabulous cloud of electric smoke. It burnt 3 contacts right off the commutator and tore up the brushes, so it is well beyond being revived. I've decided to bury it in the bank yard, with a head stone, and have a wake with pictures of all the wonderful things I've built with it in the last 10 years.

Kurt

Sorry for your loss. Tools come and go my friend.....LOL.
Time for a new tool which is always a good thing.

I'm still on vacation. We're staying on Coronado Island.
It's pretty nice but we haven't spent much time here yet.
Today is our last day here and we plan to hang out on the island today and relax.

The Maritime Museum was first on the list. The ships and submarines were pretty cool.
The San Diego Zoo was next. Again, cool. They had a few new attractions under construction but pretty much fully open.
Legoland was day 2. Holy crap there was a lot of Legos'. The rides were good for beginner's.
I knocked down the six cans at a carnival game and won one of my daughters a huge stuffed DOMO dude.
It was even on my first try. They guy said I could only win one prize per day so I couldn't play again.
It would be better to come out here when the weather is hotter and you can take advantage of the complete park.
Yesterday was Sea World....Wow!!!
Even though the colder weather didn't allow for use of the whole park the shows were amazing.
They have a new rollercoaster going up and should be done in a couple months.
Definately the highlight of the vacation was Sea World.

Definately planning on coming out here again. There is lots more to see.
That 3 day pass we got from Costco is good for 42 different parks and museums here.
Saved a good amount going that route.

Now to get back tomorrow and order my new transmission from AstroPerformance.

Later

I just had a death in the family. My loyal Hitachi GS125R Angle grinder had a commutator attack today, and passed......in a fabulous cloud of electric smoke. It burnt 3 contacts right off the commutator and tore up the brushes, so it is well beyond being revived. I've decided to bury it in the bank yard, with a head stone, and have a wake with pictures of all the wonderful things I've built with it in the last 10 years.

Kurt

I just don't know about you Kurt :nonono:

Finally got my brand used Vortech V2 installed, still need to install injectors and fuel pump as well as the Autolite 24's. It was a PITA to fashion an air intake for the supercharger but I couldn't wait for the power pipe.

I go on wed. to get it tuned. With the huge stock pulley on the blower I'm guessing it'll make around 370-380 rwhp.

Well, I'm kinda disappointed with the numbers the car made. 350 / 373 at 12 psi of boost. It was around 95 degrees so I'm sure that combined with a heat soaked blower didn't help the numbers. It does pull like a raped ape though and I love it! Tuner told me to get a meth kit and smaller pulley and we can take it up a few notches. I had my ACT sensor before the blower instead of after so he couldn't see the actual charge temp. We erred on the side of caution and left it was a safe tune.

Here's the dyno sheet:

dynosheet.jpg

Got my '04 327 geared 8.8 sitting in the shop ready to be swapped in. The addition of the sway bar and quad shocks will make a HUGE difference!

And yes, the car puts a grin on my face every time I hit the loud pedal!