A post a day......

i was a big WOW nerd too, but it has been almost a year since i even logged on.

as soon as i got a garage, i had a new obsession.

i have 2 80s: a horde druid (dual spec: balance/feral) and a horde tauren hunter. i was working on a warrior, but he is only at 55 or so

i should get on again, if for nothing else than installing all the updates. i bet my talent trees have been reset.

I'm all Alliance, I have one Belf horde Pally. Yes, your talent trees have reset a few times now. If you get around to logging in, let me know and I"ll give you realm/toon info.

I'm not sure I like Cataclysm though, but I think they are doing a lot to make it fun again.

• Sponsors (?)

I found out the other day I have to have surgery on my neck. Three herniated discs. Two are coming out and getting replaced with some bone from my sternum. Then some sweet titanium plates will be screwed into my vertebrae to hold everything in place while the sternum bone grafts to the vertebrae.

Getting old sucks...

I wrote a program tonight that parses a JPEG file and inserts a section that has text that the user can enter. The idea is to be able to embed indexing and other information directly into the JPEG so that, no matter what folder the JPEG ends up in, I can tell from looking at that section out what it is.

Then I can write a program that lets me type in a keyword and looks in all the images for matches.

The hope is to be able to get a handle on all thes damn digital pictures I have.

I found out the other day I have to have surgery on my neck. Three herniated discs. Two are coming out and getting replaced with some bone from my sternum. Then some sweet titanium plates will be screwed into my vertebrae to hold everything in place while the sternum bone grafts to the vertebrae.

Getting old sucks...

Really sorry to hear that. That's going to have cause some down time.

Kurt

Getting old sucks...

Been there and done that. Neck C5 Fusion Surgery. I need to have C4 done next. I'd post a picture of my neck after neck surgery a few days later when I was home but some may vomit. Caught MERSA during the surgery. Make sure you ask for a before / after MERSA test. I'll have it for the rest of my life now. Had to stay in the hospital an extra 3 days. Got my neck surgery done at the University of Miami.

Couple of things to add about the surgery. Make sure your insurance covers the fusion machine you will receive after the surgery. I was charged $5000 for it, insurance said it wasn't covered. In a miraculous presentation I had the company that made the machine take the unit back and wiped out the $5,000. Was never told these things would not be covered.

Also, talk to your surgeon about fixing other things while they have your neck open. I did not discuss this with my surgeon. What happened is I needed other discs repaired but because it was never brought about they could not repair due to insurance purposes. If they fixed something which was not approved and something went wrong they would be sued for malpractice. My wife was not able to sign a waiver to repair during surgery. Get all that paperwork done before hand. I'm still suffering because I need other repairs.

Heh ...

It turns out that Windows 7 already does pretty much exactly what I was thinking right out of the box. You can add tags to the images and searches from explorer look at the tags and find them.

I guess someone else had a similar need and already solved it.

Went to Monster Jam at the Bank Atlantic Center. First time for my family and loved it. Great quality entertainment in doors (when its 100 degrees out). We had club level seats (all you can eat and drink) and front row parking. Couldn't ask for a better night. Last summer fun before school starts for the boys. What a summer they had, Race Shop Vacation, Man Cave, Monster Jam.

Smart Car with Jet Engine
Monster jam Bank Atlantic 8-20-11 - YouTube

Grave Digger won every event.
Monster Jam Bank Atlantic Center 8-20-11 - YouTube

b5a3cc26.jpg

80d633d4.jpg

Attachments

• b5a3cc26.jpg
    b5a3cc26.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 66
  • 80d633d4.jpg
    80d633d4.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 53
Went to Monster Jam at the Bank Atlantic Center. First time for my family and loved it. Great quality entertainment in doors (when its 100 degrees out). We had club level seats (all you can eat and drink) and front row parking. Couldn't ask for a better night. Last summer fun before school starts for the boys. What a summer they had, Race Shop Vacation, Man Cave, Monster Jam.

treat your wife very well ... she's a keeper!

mine are both going off to school on saturday ... one to Salisbury University, the other to the University of Maryland.

i'm gonna be an empty nester, baby! :banana:

i'm gonna be an empty nester, baby! :banana:

Are you going to convert one of your rooms to a "naked room?"

I'm stuck in Wisconsin. They flew mechanics out here to do a routine inspection and one of them somehow managed to blow both fire suppression bottles into the right engine while he was goofing off. So now they have to fly fresh mechanics out here, find 2 fire bottles to fly out here, and clean the engine out. Of course this is my last day and I was suposed to be home at 6pm tonight. God knows when I'll get home now.

Kurt