A9L with a non-HO engine

1bad67sbf

Nov 24, 2010
N. VA
from what i found the a9l is a HO firing order and i have a flat tappet non-HO engine and im thinking about changing to a roller cam to get the right firing order. will this kit + a roller cam and lifters get me going so i can run efi?

• Sponsors (?)

this is my engine
1bad67sbf-albums-1992-gt-picture7309-100-1224-1024x768.jpg

this is the kit im looking at
1bad67sbf-albums-1992-gt-picture7310-spider-kit-400x400.jpg

You can't just bolt in Ford rollers afaik. You have to run a conversion roller cam/lifters (like the ones Comp cams sell for instance). The firing order will be determined on how they ground the cam.

oh ok now i understand, thanks. do you know if the ecu will work with a 351w flat tappet camshaft since it has the same firing order as the HO?

It should work. You will need larger injectors & fuel pump to supply fuel to the engine. You will also need either an aftermarket MAF designed to match the larger injectors or a custom dyno tune & chip to match the engine & injectors.

It should work. You will need larger injectors & fuel pump to supply fuel to the engine. You will also need either an aftermarket MAF designed to match the larger injectors or a custom dyno tune & chip to match the engine & injectors.

the only thing i want to change is the cam to this,
https://www.lunatipower.com/Product.aspx?id=2513&gid=309
it would add some lift and change the firing order, i just dont like how they say Computer-Controlled Compatible / No