A9p To a9l swap, wiring diagrams?

90 lx convert

Stanger
Founding Member
Aug 13, 1999
Falling Waters Wv.
Hey all, Question-Is there a difference in the pin out on the main ecu plug between the auto and 5sp ecu? I can get the tool to release the pins to change the pin out. The main reason for the swap is that I want to be done with the way the a9p flairs the idle for the auto trans. At this point with out AC, PS and with a manual valve body and 4k stall converter it's just a nuisance. I understand the a9p may have a better timing curve but with a 10 degree retard at WOT through a chip I don't think it will matter. Has anyone tried this swap without changing anything? Thanks, Mike

• Sponsors (?)

The A9L (5 speed) & A9P (auto) computers are interchangeable without doing anything to the wiring or computers. I have done it and it works OK.

Both computers increase the idle speed as the car slows to a stop.
If your car does not do this, see the "Surging Idle Checklist for help with all your idle/stall problems. The first two posts contain all the updates to the fixes. At last count there were 24 possible causes and fixes] for surging idle/stall problems. I continue to update it as more people post fixes or ask questions.

If you do require EVTM diagrams, PM me, but they are the same pinout on c295,[PCM plug] except for the labelling of pin #30. Neutral Gear switch(NGS Manual) and Neutral Drive switch (NDS Automatic)