Abaco Maf...how Does This Thing Work?

Three50won

10 Year Member
Jul 11, 2010
Ok guys I am having the hardest time using this Abaco MAF meter. If any of you have experience with it or can tell me what I'm doing wrong then I would appreciate it. I just can't seem to get the engine to run properly no matter which file I load onto it. BTW, I have a 03 GT that is supercharged with ported heads and custom cams. I tried loading a file for 42# injectors and that didn't run well. I then tried one for 60# injectors and it didn't run properly either. I tried several different files that they have loaded on the downloaded file and nothing seems to work. Yet I hear and keep reading about people having no problems at all and it working perfectly. Any help is appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

Right now I have 42s installed on the engine. I use Sniper SF but am upgrading to Commando. In the tune I leave the MAF and injector selections set at stock since the MAF gets it's own calibration.

I have not played with your specific pieces and parts however....

Generally when using 42# injectors and any MAF, you would load the transfer function for the meter separately from the transfer function for injectors. It really doesn't matter what the meter is calibrated for so long as the EEC/Tuner know what the transfer function is. From there, the EEC/Tuner would decide what needs to be done with each.

Different size injectors have different size characteristics.

My suggestion would be tell the tuner that you h ave 42s (since this sounds like a drop down selection) and also tell it that you have a meter that is calibrated for a Stock EEC and 42s (basically, tell it you have a meter cal'd for 42s) --or-- load the transfer function for your specific meter, to the tuner (if possible).

See if the thing doesn't go, "Oh! THATS what you mean".