Abbaco 97mm meter

Muststang

Jul 18, 2010
Ohio
I bought an Anderson Ford Motorsports power pipe and a Abbaco 97 mm meter for my car and programmed the meter for 19lb injectors. When I started the car it jumped up to about 3000rpm and died with the check engine light coming on briefly. Has anyone else had this experience?

• Sponsors (?)

I bought an Anderson Ford Motorsports power pipe and a Abbaco 97 mm meter for my car and programmed the meter for 19lb injectors. When I started the car it jumped up to about 3000rpm and died with the check engine light coming on briefly. Has anyone else had this experience?

Maybe I just don't get it but what do you expect to gain with this change? Dare I say it, that bigger is perceived to be better? I need some enlightenment. You will need to pull codes to see what may have triggered the CEL. You might want to erase old stored codes first. The CEL only comes on for emissions related codes.

I thought he might have been doing a baseline to ensure things were copacetic before swapping injectors, but my assumptions are often wrong.

The CEL only comes on for emissions related codes.
I respectfully disagree my friend. :cheers:

Hmm. Here's the direct quote from my Ford manual about the CEL. "This indicates a possible problem with one of the engine's emission control systems."

That's not to say that non emission codes aren't generated as they certainly are. It's been my understanding that the CEL warning was related only to emission issues and was most likely mandated by Federal regulations. Perhaps I've interpreted it too narrowly.

It's been a long time since I tossed the PCM and I know my memory isn't what it used to be so I'll defer to you. :cheers: