About my night...

topless98gt

Adhesive Feces
Mar 31, 2005
Arlington, TX
So sicK96GT invited me along to help him pull his motor out to get one bolt loose, which we later found out was COMPLETELY unnecessary. So now it's 4:24am and he's dead tired, probably already asleep, and we just got done bolting the transmission, driveshaft, catback, x pipe (which we put the cats back on; we had taken them off earlier this week...what a bitch that was), and finally the clutch. I wanted to finish tonight but he is way too tired, so we're gonna try to wake up at 6:30am and finish bolting the A/C compressor, power steering pump, intake manifold, plenum, throttle body, battery, hood, alternator, and whatever the **** else we have to do.

He made pulling an engine sound easy...HAH.

Anywho, so the reason is was COMPLETELY unnecessary is because...well, let's say this first off: the oil filter adapter on the 98 GT engine is a lot different than that of the 96 GT engine. The 96 GT oil filter adapter is much smaller, but has the same bolt pattern. Now, when he found that the 98 GT oil filter adapter had a crack in it, he tried to JB weld it, which failed. So then he tried to pull the bolts out of it. Because if it's large size, one of the bolts was nearly impossible to get loose. His dad tried heating a crescent wrench to bend it. It was able to get ahold of the bolt, but no room to turn it. So he bought a closed-ended ratchet. That was too fat too fit in there. So we resort to pulling the engine after they failed 3 days in a row trying to get that bolt off. Only, we come to find that the oil filter pipe unscrews to remove the front part of the adapter. So after we had the engine pulled up a little bit, and him and his brother had been trying to get at that bolt for at least 1 hour, he decided to try the pipe. It came out, and off came the front piece. Now the bolt was easy to access, which also made it useless for us to pull the engine up a bit.

So to make a long story short, always try to disassemble the part you're working on before you take a longer route.

And no, you can't have this past 3 minutes of your life back. You chose to read this, so you don't deserve them!

Anywho, I'm off to bed. I gotta wake up in 2 hours to finish doing this stuff. Oh, I forgot to mention...we gotta be on the rode before 8am to get to our 10am classes in time. We're all the way in the country part of Austin; school's up in Waco :(

G'night all. Thanks for reading :)

P.S. No matter how easy a friend makes pulling an engine sound, it's hard as hell. Time consuming, space consuming...but meh, I guess it's worth it!

• Sponsors (?)

Wow... I would have been beyond pissed off, after all of that. I can't imagine what hell it must be to pull the 4.6.

Did you guys do any other preventative repairs while the engine was that far out? Like, rear main, or anything like that?

Wow... I would have been beyond pissed off, after all of that. I can't imagine what hell it must be to pull the 4.6.

Did you guys do any other preventative repairs while the engine was that far out? Like, rear main, or anything like that?
Nope :shrug: He spent all of his little bunnies on that engine. :(

EDIT: He was beyond pissed off, man. I've never seen him like I saw him last night. I was afraid he was going to start using me as a punching bag :( Me, on the other hand, I was real lax about it since it was my first time; I was really curious. I honestly wanted the engine to come out, regardless, hehe.