? about stingers header

slow2.3

Apr 15, 2004
I have stingers header and an 88 stock tc engine. In order to use his header, I couldnt use the sock parts right? I would need to buy a special downpipe, and an external wastegate? Anything else I would have to buy?

Thanks
Derek

• Sponsors (?)

Its just easier to post on here or turboford. Anyways one more ?. My plastic clutch quadrant is messed up. Looking at the aftermarket ones they either sell the quadrant or the quadrant kit(quadrant, cable, firewall adjuster). Could I just buy the aftermarket quadrant. Would it work with my stock setup but just not be able to be adjusted?

Slow2.3

Looking at the aftermarket ones they either sell the quadrant or the quadrant kit(quadrant, cable, firewall adjuster). Could I just buy the aftermarket quadrant. Would it work with my stock setup but just not be able to be adjusted?

if you get the quadrant you will have to have the firewall adjuster. you cant just not adjust the clutch and expect it to work. As the clutch pads wear down the pedal needs to adjust. Plus think about when you go to install it. how are you going to get it in the right position and get the cable on there. You need some type of adjustment.

-Ryan

You don't "have" to buy an external WG if you have someone build you a downpipe with an integrated wastegate...sometimes it's cheaper to go external in that case though.

I can build you a downpipe for it...

I sell the ext. wastegates

I sell the oil lines you will need

Stinger