About to do an HID Headlight Conversion, anyone with experience?

Discussion in 'Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech' started by JadeFalcon, Dec 18, 2003.

1. JadeFalcon

JadeFalcon Founding Member

I have been studying HID conversions for a few months now, and I have found that there is almost no information out there at all for it. However, in the past few months, the kits offered have become much higher quality. The most recent one is a kit directly from the OEM manufacturer of Acura and Honda HID lights, and I believe that is the kit I will buy. I still have alot of questions floating, but since I seem to be the only fox mustang doing an HID conversion I might have to pioneer this myself. I will post my progress in this thread, but I do encourage anyone with any possible experience or insight to post.
  2. JadeFalcon

3. BlackFox5.0

BlackFox5.0 Founding Member

I would like see this, I always wanted to do HID, maybe scrap one together from a junkyard?

Do the bulbs come in standard sizes like 9004? If not I think some kind of modification to hold them in the headlight will be nessecary :shrug:
  4. tvmango

tvmango New Member

The bulbs are very different! They may melt your plastic headlight housings. Also keep in mind that most kits only control high or low beams, not both at once, check it out before you buy. We have put a set in a guys 4runner here at work and he loves them, but they only work on low beam, and the regular bulbs come on at high beam. I would also recommend you get a higher output altenator, these light pull alot of amps!!!
  5. JadeFalcon

I've read about all of that. Yes, you can buy them in kits for 9004 bulbs, and with the right ballast, they use HALF the amps as regular lights. As far as the heat is, I've sent a mail off to the manufacturer, this was my biggest concern.