About to post a Question? SEARCH the threads first!!!

• Sponsors (?)

Again - if people get tired of the "same-ole" post popping up...and don't have nothing to say that is positive...how bout this one?...Don't say anything at all...

The search function does need to be "upgraded" a bit...alot of the common words you can't search (which spawns the "same-ole" post)...like 373, hot, transmission (to long)...etc...

See man i came to this form because I am 21 just got my mustang 8 months ago and really know nothing about them, dont really know much about cars,I was always into dirt bikes. I dont want to see what someone else asked, I want my question to be personaly answered by someone that knows what they are talking about. I might be having the same problem but lets face it, not all cars are the same and my problem may be a littel different. I do search before i post and i have posted some dumb things, or even things that have been answered alot on here. I jsut want personal answers that are telling me i am doing it the way its supposed to be done, or telling me i am doing it the right way. If you dont want to answer you dont have to, but I found that most people on stangnet are cool guys that will lend a helping hand if they can. Just remember everyone has to start somewhere and you did to, alot of the time a new person at something might not even think that they are asking a question that has already been asked. I just want to thank all the people that have answer my dumb questions over the last 2 months, and to all of you people that are being *******s about it, man just dont read it. If you cant be nice to someone and take 3 minutes out of your day to answer the question dont say anything. Isnt that the reason this forum is around so that the guys that know what there doing can help us newbies?!

Joe,
Can you tell me what is the best way to use the site to try and find someone who might have smog systems parts for a 1988 GT. I looked though the site and posts and can't figure out how to start a new thread.
I found a smog pump but need:
1. diverter valve (also called thermactor valve??)
2. front and back air injection pipes plus whatever hose and hardware goes with them.

Sorry I couldn't find the proper thread or info on how to do this. Maybe you can direct me as to how to start a new thread if the forum is the way to do that.
Thanx
[email protected]

I know there are a lot of redundant posts, but you are always going to have a new member, with a new car, asking questions about new parts. Thats when the older members with old cars and old parts type in "use the search button". The threads on this board are always going to recycle around and around about gears, intakes and cams. Thats the sport of working on a car. Thats how this message board will always be, and has been.

I am sorry to hear that some of that know your shi7 are tired of answering the same old questions. I know that would probably irritate me also. I am an IT systems analyst and end users piss me off (they are so stupid and lazy....). I have to say that I read almost every post in every forum, and still really enjoy reading the same thing over and over. I think that I need to, in order for it all to sink in. So for all the other newbies and some others that might just be a little slower....

Thank you to all those that already know your stuff. I will try my best to ingest all of this information you have so patiently tried to pass along to me. Thank you for all your time and patients.

siege said:
I don't know..lots of posts is good, but when you start getting 2 or 3 "smog pump removal" posts ON THE FIRST PAGE then it gets a little annoying. I think if the search function worked better (i.e. no minimum and maximum character limits, and no "you can't do 2 searches in 45 sec" or whatever crap) then we'd still have some good posts but wouldn't need to deal so much with the little things.

just my $0.02

I agree with this. I also think people should be more specific on the titles of their threads to make searching easier. I've also noticed that the search function has trouble looking up 2 words? Anyone else notice this or am i a moron?:bang: