Abs Light Thrown After Reinstalling Stock Intake

Discussion in 'SN95 V6 Mustang Tech' started by Wrongdoer, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Wrongdoer

Wrongdoer Member

Showcase:
    Albums:
    So here's the short and skinny: I purchased an SR CAI from American Muscle for my 2001 3.8l not even two weeks ago and on my way to work today I hear a thump and see chrome and blue in my rear view. My filter decided to make a run for it. Now I KNOW that filter was tight but for some reason I imagine it shimmying itself itself loose due to its close proximity to the supplied heatshield. Eh, worse things have happened. So in an effort to save a few bucks until next payday I went ahead and swapped my CAI for my stock intake for the time being. After I installed it, I reconnected everything and turned my car on to let it idle, no warning or engine lights on, everything seemed fine. I turn the car off and then on again for ****s and giggles, and the ABS light comes on. Can these two things be connected? I haven't had any issues with lights or engine codes until this so I feel like it's either a crazy coincidence or maybe the filter did more damage than I thought on it's way out.

Any ideas on this?

2. Mustang5L5

Mustang5L5 Car used in adult film "Highway Gangbang-InDaButt" SN Certified Technician Founding Member

Check the wheel sensors in each wheel. Possible the escaping CAI clipped a wire and damaged or unplugged it.

3. dgoggans7972

dgoggans7972 Member

gotta be a wire like mike sez, or you have a abs control module going bad... i would check the wires and connections first... also check the abs control module....