absolutely nothing

• Sponsors (?)

i just installed the water line to my icemaker today. i busted the damn copper line i was trying to T off under the kitchen faucet and ended uphaving to replace that too. my kitchen floor is soaked and i cant find the mop.

oh well that will give the wife something to do when she gets home. i'm gonna play medal of honor for a while

its all about tha call of duty man:nice:

oh yea, starting this weekend. not a full paint job but fixing all those DAMN rock chips i got going to wilmington last may.

i'm tired of everyone talking about the chip in the hood. i had at least 5 people remember the car by that chip. thats not what i'm going for

I wish I could quote on this iPod :( I soaked the bolts in PB blaster, but had a shop rip the nuts loose.

Install was HARD as ****! I dunno why but the pipes didn't wanna line up :shrug: took me and a buddy like six hours, got it done but I got a leak in the passenger collector. Can't hear it over the h and flows but it sure stinks up the place.

Also found out my motor mounts are shot to chit, just ordered some prothane ones.....THAT'S gonnna be fun :nono:

Next to install is my MM cc plates sitting in my living room...

O yeah......boredom :D

oh yea, starting this weekend. not a full paint job but fixing all those DAMN rock chips i got going to wilmington last may.

i'm tired of everyone talking about the chip in the hood. i had at least 5 people remember the car by that chip. thats not what i'm going for

Ah, gotcha. Paint chips FTL... I know all about those little bastards...:nonono:

Don't feel bad, I swear almost any time my car ends up around one of my buddies they make sure to point out some problem that I am 100% aware of and have even told them about before. It's like, "hey, thanks *******, because I didnt know that!!!"

I wish I could quote on this iPod :( I soaked the bolts in PB blaster, but had a shop rip the nuts loose.

Install was HARD as ****! I dunno why but the pipes didn't wanna line up :shrug: took me and a buddy like six hours, got it done but I got a leak in the passenger collector. Can't hear it over the h and flows but it sure stinks up the place.

Also found out my motor mounts are shot to chit, just ordered some prothane ones.....THAT'S gonnna be fun :nono:

Next to install is my MM cc plates sitting in my living room...

O yeah......boredom :D

Leak at the passenger side = broken exhaust gasket. Get a new one, it's called an "exhaust manifold flange gasket". Mine REALLY busted and it sounded like a beat up old truck with a hole the size of a football in the exhaust.

OAN is there anything I can use to seal exhaust leaks without pulling it apart again?

In short, no. And no, JB Weld won't work...:D

However, a new exhaust manifold flange gasket will...:nice:

I DID buy a new flange gasket, that's the sad thing LOL threw out the chitty MAC paper one and picked up a steel crush gasket, just like the old one. Still got a leak...maybe I put the gasket on backwards cuz I certainly torqued that bitch down haha I put the more raised side of the gasket towards the manifold, was this wrong?

Sorry for teh hijack saleen :D

I DID buy a new flange gasket, that's the sad thing LOL threw out the chitty MAC paper one and picked up a steel crush gasket, just like the old one. Still got a leak...maybe I put the gasket on backwards cuz I certainly torqued that bitch down haha I put the more raised side of the gasket towards the manifold, was this wrong?

Sorry for teh hijack saleen :D

Man now I can't remember which size the raise goes on... hmm... having... brain... fart... let me look through some pics of my install and if I find anything i'll get back to you.

EDIT: I want to say the way you did it is the right way...

I mean the stock midpipe had a groove around the lip to accomodate the gasket, but the MAC didn't so I put the raised side on the only groove left which was on the manifold :shrug:

Kind just want to go out and re-torque it, or make my own gasket by stacking pieces of steel together and stamping them :shrug:

Thanks for the input and sorry for the huge OT lol

No problem. I was REAL bummed out when mine leaked after I just spent a few hours wrestling it into place and getting my then long hair stuck in a creeper wheel...:mad:...:lol:

Good luck, and hooray for hi-jacking!!! :D

You may just have to adjust the pipe. Look closely around the flang on the manifold and x pipe... I bet in ur pain to get it set right you could of left a gap. You may only need to loosen things and not take all the way back down and just re try it. Try putting a jack under the x part of the pipe and jack the up where u want it. Tighten the front bolts first on the headers then go back and tighten the back to the flow tubes. U will have to go back up front again to make sure they are still tight and fit properly. Think of it as trial and error... :D

+1 on work slowing down. Im a level 2 Radiographer, i go out on pipelines and test welds using radiation (X-Ray). We have slowed down alot in the past 2 month's. I was getting to work an average of 75 hours a week, but now we are lucky to get 40.

Yea it looks like that prochamber except both pipes coming down from the manifold are detachable, so really it's a three piece lol thats why it was so hard to line up.

And yeah that's what I did I loosely bolted everything together and set it in with a jack holding up the H and then tightened accordingly :shrug: I just realize how sore and swollen my hands are so the CC plates and re-adjustment are going to have to wait lol

On a side note, my car sounds sick when I bang through the gears. It's about as loud at idle as it was with the stock H but just roars above that.

I'm thinking about a Fidanza 1.0 clutch, any good?

well i enjoyed my 10.5 hours of sleep.

now to find a way to waste the rest of the day. my friend is having her baby today so i guess i could go see her once the docs put her back in a room. other than that i have NOTHING to do. they cut my hours at work so i'll be getting 3 days a week off now.

You get board with 3 days off? I have 3-4 days off every week since I pull 12 hour days.

I just start getting board with all my free time on the 4th day. :shrug: