AC delete bracket install

Dave2000GT

Oct 3, 2005
Seattle
I'm in the middle of doing my ac delete kit from latemodel resto, and the bracket doesn't come with instructions and I can't figure this thing out!!

Can someone fill me in ??

Do you retain the original bracket in addition to the new one ?? Pics ???!

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

no you dont use the old bracket. the new bracket bolts to the driver side head and the power steering pump mounts to the rods that screw into it. i had the ford one on my old car, took me a few minutes to figure it out too.

EDIT

is this the one you got? http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/iwwida.pvx?;item?item_no=M8511A50 1&comp=LRS

i just looked at what 50resto has...did you get the one with the pulley on it or the ford racing one? i had that ford one and like i said the aluminum bracket mounts to the driver side head....can't remember where the black bracket goes but it's pretty easy to figure out after you get the aluminum one on.

same prob here. FRPP ac delete w/ no instructions. took me AND my friend like 15 min to figure it out,. just play with it... it only works one way. i cant even remember how it went on. sorry :shrug: . the stock piece isnt used though

Thanks guys I got it now.

NEXT PROBLEM:

I got the ac delete / mac ud pulley kit.. and how the heck do you tighten the crank ud pulley bolts, there is no clearance for a socket or an open wrench!! (i'm guessing theres some sort of thin thin socket you can buy ??)