Accident... My 88GT is wrecked!!! pics inside..

• Sponsors (?)

Small claims. The JUDGE has the last word. There is no % there. You are either right or wrong. you dont sue the insurance company, you sue the other party. I was a Bailiff in a L.A.CO MUNICIPAL COURT for years, yours sounds like a winner. too bad you settled.

I live on a busy street where the speed limit is 25 but people drive 35-40 on my street. Cars block my driveway view and I cannot see when there are cars coming out. I've had a couple of close calls where people almost hit my car, by me saying this is I really think you should have been just a little more cautious of your surroundings. He might have pulled out of his dw not seeing you and you were going to fast to make an attempt to manuver. I think your insurance got you off more than you think imo. Think about the other drivers perspective...

With all due respect, you couldnt more wrong. IT IS SIMPLE, if you cant back out of your driveway without hitting someone you dont back out. 99% of the time the person backing is at fault when involved in an accident. you missed the point, he was going straight. the guy entering from private property or a yielding situation is at fault. period! Of course a high rate of speed could be a factor, but it isnt here.

Its about a $400 difference that 10% made. So in order to get a lawyer, and pay whatever I need to pay... It would probably be more then $400 in the long run.

Which is why i took the 90% pay, since its more then I paid for the car, and more then what i was going to sell it for.

There is nothing I can really do.... Now.... I am buying my car back, but dont know salvage price yet. I called 5 junk yards/salvage yards. All of them said $250-300 would be average. What if the insurance says something rediculous? Like $1000 to get it back. Can i fight that?

The insurance company already dropped my car off at the house. So its sitting here....

Oh btw. My insurance company "progressive" told me I was 0% at fault. I told his insurance company that "infinity" and they said each insurance company is different. They really didnt care.

I just hope that somehow that 10% you agreed to does not open you up for a civil lawsuit, do not let anything surprise you!

If you get that car for 200-300 take it straight to your local copart facility and you will make a profit on it

If something like that would happen, i would counter sue for what NADA blue book is on my car. $6800 in good condition, and 2 days of lost work due to not having a car to get there. Total of $7200. The guy I hit, got a fine from the cop that showed up for not having valid registration.

I doubt that will happen. Who knows if he was even a US cit. :shrug:

I just hope that somehow that 10% you agreed to does not open you up for a civil lawsuit, do not let anything surprise you!

If you get that car for 200-300 take it straight to your local copart facility and you will make a profit on it

I already am selling the car to a buddy for $1500. I told him i will do that if the buy back is $500 or under. He already gave me $500 towards the car as a down payment.

If they total it and you give your insurance the value of the car, I would print it off autotrader.com cuase the prices are always way higher than craigslist and other used car sale sites.

sorry for your loss man. a car with your damage went for $3000 on a insurance auction. by the look of the damage i don't think i'd want to fix it. Judging by the fender and the door line. but i can't say for sure since i can't see the car first hand.

unfortunately our idea of value for a Fox is way different from what the insurance agency says.

next time if you feel you should get more money always get things in writing such as pay out amount. then when you go to court you can always show the judge that YES the other guys insurance company felt they were at fault, that is why they were willing to pay me. Yet what they offered was way to low for my value of car.

also..

lawyers can work on a percentage fee if they feel your case is win-able. don't think you have to pay a lawyer in this case when you sue consultation is free if not go to another lawyer.

i always carry non insured and under insured coverage.

personally i was with farmers, went to progressive. and then went to Geico. and this is where i'm at now. You have to watch your own money and that includes how to save it.

I was just told the amount to buy back my car from the insurance company is $400 so i am buying it back, and reselling it to a buddy of mine for $1500. So I will make out in the end. I will come out with $5300. Not bad since i bought the car for $3500, and was going to resell it for $3500 to my buddy. Then this happened, and he said he still wanted it for cheaper. Since he is a friend I told him I would sell it to him cheap. We both agreed to $1500 if the buy back on the car was $500 or less.

I was just told the amount to buy back my car from the insurance company is $400 so i am buying it back, and reselling it to a buddy of mine for $1500. So I will make out in the end. I will come out with $5300. Not bad since i bought the car for $3500, and was going to resell it for $3500 to my buddy. Then this happened, and he said he still wanted it for cheaper. Since he is a friend I told him I would sell it to him cheap. We both agreed to $1500 if the buy back on the car was $500 or less.

:nice:

Came out good on that deal!!!

Oh man, that is complete horse ****! You don't need a lawyer to take a guy to small claims court. That insurance company is just putting bogus pressure on you. You were in the right and absolutely should not settle. I don't think you've settled until you sign the check. If you've done that, then the negotiations are over, but once you do, you can't do anything about the buyback as it's technically their car. They won't ask $1k though. Insurance companies are not car salesmen, they don't want to be in that business, and they will sell it for a lot less.

If progressive didn't negotiate for you, I'm glad to know. I won't ever use them. USAA is no hassle. They will take it to the other company themselves.

Its about a $400 difference that 10% made. So in order to get a lawyer, and pay whatever I need to pay... It would probably be more then $400 in the long run.

Which is why i took the 90% pay, since its more then I paid for the car, and more then what i was going to sell it for.

There is nothing I can really do.... Now.... I am buying my car back, but dont know salvage price yet. I called 5 junk yards/salvage yards. All of them said $250-300 would be average. What if the insurance says something rediculous? Like $1000 to get it back. Can i fight that?

The insurance company already dropped my car off at the house. So its sitting here....

Oh btw. My insurance company "progressive" told me I was 0% at fault. I told his insurance company that "infinity" and they said each insurance company is different. They really didnt care.