accident

t3-svo

Apr 18, 2005
Mooresville NC
i got in a naccident a few weeks ago and i need a new set of headlights and a front bumper. anyone know of anywhere that i can get those. possibly used in good condition as well as possibly new. tryin to save money...

• Sponsors (?)

i hate reading articles about wreaking SVO's but i have written one myself it really sucks. I spent three months and $600 not to mention traveling 900 miles round trip to get it heres how it broke down for me :
hood $300
Front Air Damn $200
R&L Fenders $100
Total $600

(i've seen complete sets with the headlight panel for around a $1000 but sets are hard to find unless someone is parting the car out... very bad)

I hope you got lucky and dont have to replace the headlamp panel behind the lights. If you have to replace this peice you are looking at a lot of money, more than $300 for that peice if the person really knows what they have. that particular part is extremly rare to the svo and there wasnt to many crash parts produced by ford for the svo, those being the rarest.

My advice is park the car, patiently wait to find what your looking for, get a daily driver. enough about that.

I got two fenders from the 86 svo that are fixable, no creases just some dings. so if you want to spend some time filling/smoothing it out. I also have a hood but the hood scoop is dented and the bezel completly trashed. I'll get a digital camera and take pics of the peices if you are interested prices is negotiable cause they are probably going in the trash.

well the car is still drivable. it hardly looks bad. dthe fender is cracked and has a gash in it. the passenger headlight lense is broken. all of the lights are so old that they hardley even shine any more. so im just gonna try to replace all of the headlights and the bumper. i dont htink that the headlight mounting bracket is messed up at all so i guess im lucky!!!

you want the fenders cause they are getting tosses soon pm and let me know... i thought it was a little more dammange then that. but its good info to keep in mind, the rear end of the car body wise is all replacable in good quantity, however gaurd the front of the car with you life... or spend big $$$$ to replace it later ;-)

alright, I did a little bit of research on this and found some places you might consider. One is 50resto, they are a little bit pricey on the svo parts, but ive bought parts from them and they are quality. Another is blue oval industries, they also sell quality parts. Just remember these are not like 5.0 cars and it will be a little more to fix an svo than a 5.0 hatch or whatever. As far as ebay goes don't give up on it just keep on searching on there, eveyone and a while there is a good deal.
hope this helps.