accufab 70mm tb+plenum

nocaratall

Feb 11, 2004
i installed the accufab 70mm tb+plenum on sat. afternoon. i got the combo for mustangtuning.com for $399 shipped. overall, the quality and appearance of the parts were absolutely top knotch. the install was straight forward, i used the how to from stangpro.com as a guide. ive read that removing the and re-attaching the intake pipe to the tb were the most common woes to this install. i did the following for the tps removal:
in this step, i elected to leave the stock tb and plenum on the vehicle. i used a phillips bit that fit really snug and a ratcheting screwdriver. i positioned myself directly in front of the car. i then placed the bit into the first screw and slightly leaned forward allowing my bodyweight to applu pressure to the screw. with both hand, i then began to SLOWLY turn the screw, being careful not to strip it. after a few seconds and constand, gradual pressure, the screw broke loose. i completely removed the first screw then did the same for the second. the screws were very tight, but i took my time and stayed the course, it worked like a charm, there was absolutely zero damage to the screws. **note** to remove the rear egr valve bolt, you will need a 2 inch 10mm socket, it's a little tight but sure enough, it came right off. now for the fun part, i made several initial attempts to re-attach the stock intake tube, it was very tight. after several failed attempts, i decided to put some WD-40 on my finger and rub it around the inside lip of the tube. i then put a little around the tb then tried again. it slipped right on quite easily after a little WD-40. i then started my car, let idle for a few and checked and examined all connections. once i was satisfied that there were no leaks or issues, i took to the road. i noticed initially that my exhaust note sounded louder and deeper, although it was slight, it was noticeable. there were no "sotp" gains that were noticeable but the car "seemed" a little peppier, for lack of a better term. i believe that there are some positive gains with the accufab combo, but not to the degree that some claim. all in all i am satisfied with the outcome.

• Sponsors (?)