AccuFab 70mm throttle body issue

bdcardinal

tree hugger
Jun 10, 2003
santa barbara, CA
hey all, i just got a AccuFab 70mm throttle body and plenum. i had to buy a new TPS because the old one was practically welded on. anyway, my problem is getting the stock air intake hose over the throttle body. the car is a 98 GT, everything is stock except for a drop in k&n. do i need to get a new intake hose for it? this is really stressing me out. thanks a bunch.

• Sponsors (?)

bdcardinal said:
hey all, i just got a AccuFab 70mm throttle body and plenum. i had to buy a new TPS because the old one was practically welded on. anyway, my problem is getting the stock air intake hose over the throttle body. the car is a 98 GT, everything is stock except for a drop in k&n. do i need to get a new intake hose for it? this is really stressing me out. thanks a bunch.

Lube it up and slide it in, I mean on.

i got the stock intake over a 75mm Accufab tb. first time i used hot water on the rubber intake to make it more maleable. it went on pretty easy.

next time I used WD40, went on even easier.

you have a 70mm, it should be easier...

tomustang said:
strech it with some pliers, lube it up...

if it doesn't work try cutting the tube, put it on and tape it up, then use a hose clamp to lock it down

I don't think I would cut it. A pot of boiling water should do the trick though. If you have one, a hair dryer or heat gun should work too. The hotter the rubber gets, the more flexible it becomes. That is, unless something really stiff inside is keeping it from flexing. :p

I have the 75mm, I removed the air tube so I could spin it, applied generous ammounts of spit (cause it evaporates, where does the vasoline go?) any how proceeded to spin until it went on. It was a bitch, but it went on.

i put vaseline around my throttle body and in my intake tube...and i slowly put it on...i would just put the bottom on first and use a screwdriver to pop the top part over the throttle body...good luck getting it on, it does get frustrating

I didn't use a screwdriver, pliers, or cut it. It went on with spit and about 5 frustrating minutes.

Like I said, take the tube off and spin her back and forth on the opening.