Accufab 70mm Throttle Body

• Sponsors (?)

CottonBurnerz said:
people claims as little as 2 rwhp gains from it alone.. I don't really know what advice to give you but I'm going with 75mm tb myself for I plan to s/c my car once my rear end falls apart.

I ended up getting the 75mm TB/plenum combo and it made a huge difference in acceleration from a dead stop. Very little pressure on the throttle and you take off like a rocket. Gotta change my driving habits to avoid a speeding ticket......will probably have to invest in brake upgrades now :D

Yeah, if you get the TB, you'll want to get an aftermarket plenum with it...and then you'll be able to feel the mod by the seat of the pants. With just the TB alone, I don't think it's worth it. Just my two cents...

w00t said:
Like or Don't Like?

Is this a good mod for a near stock 4.6L Stock 99+ GT?

I got the 75mm TB/plenum combo for $419 (+ S&H) here. If you find a better price on the internet, Jayme will match it or even try to go lower. He is also a wealth of information and will help you with installation questions. It only takes 15-20 minutes to install:

www.crmotorsports.com

This is the site that dyno-tested 5 different plenums (Dragon, C&L, Trick Flow, Accufab and stock) with 75mm Accufab TB and the Accufab TB/plenum combo out-performed all of them:

http://www.modulardepot.com/?show=articlesdet&aid=38

387895_30_full.jpg

387895_31_full.jpg

w00t said:
Man that throttle body / combo looks sweet. Definitely going to look into one.

Is there a big difference between the 70mm and 75mm?

:spot:

If you look on the link to the modulardepot site you will see that they did an initial test using an Accufab 70mm TB. Then, they did a "Part II" test using an Accufab 75mm TB. The Accufab TB/plenum out-performed others in both tests. The 70mm TB resulted in 264.61 RWHP and the 75mmTB resulted in 272.38 RWHP. That's why I went for the 75mm.

flipnsac said:
If you look on the link to the modulardepot site you will see that they did an initial test using an Accufab 70mm TB. Then, they did a "Part II" test using an Accufab 75mm TB. The Accufab TB/plenum out-performed others in both tests. The 70mm TB resulted in 264.61 RWHP and the 75mmTB resulted in 272.38 RWHP. That's why I went for the 75mm.

Actually if you READ that test you will see that the 70mm gained 7.94 RWHP & 7.6 RWTQ and the 75mm gained 6.31 RWHP & 6.88 RWTQ.

So truthfully better gains were found with the 70mm NOT the 75mm.

00VERT GT said:
Actually if you READ that test you will see that the 70mm gained 7.94 RWHP & 7.6 RWTQ and the 75mm gained 6.31 RWHP & 6.88 RWTQ.

So truthfully better gains were found with the 70mm NOT the 75mm.

But if you look at just the two Throttle Bodies (70 vs 75) with the same stock plenum runs, you get this:

70mm TB / stock plenum / 256.09 RWHP / 289.43 RWTQ
75mm TB / stock plenum / 265.97 RWHP / 303.54 RWTQ

So just going from a 70mm TB to a 75mm TB gives you this:

RWHP = +9.88 gain
RWTQ = +14.11 gain

From this data it appears that the 75mm TB out-performs the 70mm TB. So shouldn't adding the best performing plenum (Accufab) give you the best total performance? I'm not pretending to be an expert here, just trying to understand the data correctly, so please point out where I might be mis-interpreting the data. I could be wrong.

Ok. This data looks a little "suspcious". Ive never seen anyone gain that kind of hp and torque numbers by just switching to a larger throttle body. What is your source of this data ?

I personally run the stock 65mm throttle body and stock upper intake. I just ported and polished both of them and called it a day. Personally, I dont see where your going to net that much power by just going to a larger throttle body.

Dark Knight GT said:
Ok. This data looks a little "suspcious". Ive never seen anyone gain that kind of hp and torque numbers by just switching to a larger throttle body. What is your source of this data ?

I personally run the stock 65mm throttle body and stock upper intake. I just ported and polished both of them and called it a day. Personally, I dont see where your going to net that much power by just going to a larger throttle body.

http://www.modulardepot.com/?show=articlesdet&aid=30

http://www.modulardepot.com/?show=articlesdet&aid=38

Scroll to the bottom of each link to read tabled results under the "Stock" column. The first link was with a 70mm TB and the second link was with a 75mm TB. The test car was the same for both and the stock plenums were the same for both. The only difference was the throttle bodies. Hey, I'm not claiming to be an expert so don't get your panties in a bunch. I'm trying to understand the data just like everyone else.

I stand confused. I just realized the results under the "Stock" column in Test #1 were based on a completely stock TB/plenum. For Test#2 under the heading of "STOCK Throttle Body and Plenum", the text says, "Matt's car had the Accufab 70mm throttle body and plenum .....". So now I am really confused, unless the Accufab 70mm TB was mistakenly used as a "stock" TB. That might explain the +9.88 rwhp gain between Test #1 and Test #2, but would you get that kind of gain going from a stock TB to an Accufab 70mm TB? Or from a 70mm to a 75mm? I guess these results are suspicious.