Accurate Curb Weight of Mustang GT?

I have seen the curb weight of a 2005+ mustang GT (manual) listed as 3450. However I have seen considerably higher weight figures. (see R&T standing mile, 3850, with 200 lb driver) So my question is what is the right figure 3450 of 3650. By the way the vortech supercharger with aftercooler is approximately 60 pounds. Does anybosy have any accurate info on this?

• Sponsors (?)

The GT-500 Specification Sheet Ford published last week list the curb weight of a 2005 Mustang GT, coupe with manual trannie @ 3488 lb. ( Also says ~ 3,920 for the GT-500, coupe ).

I belive curb weight is with the gas tank empty. A full tank would at over 100 lb.

Yup, curb weight is car with fuel, coolant, oil, etc., basically everything except people in it. GVWR is max recommended weight curb + passengers + luggage.

When I got my 05 GT, I took it took a truck scale and weighed it. The car with a full tank of gas and full weight with no driver or passenger weighed 1580KGs or 3476LBs. The car and it's options are:

2005 Mustang GT
Leather Seats
5 spd Std
Shaker 500
Active Anti Theft
Interior Upgrade Package
Side Airbags
Body Side Mouldings

351CJ said:
The GT-500 Specification Sheet Ford published last week list the curb weight of a 2005 Mustang GT, coupe with manual trannie @ 3488 lb. ( Also says ~ 3,920 for the GT-500, coupe ).

I belive curb weight is with the gas tank empty. A full tank would at over 100 lb.

WHOA! 3920! :lol: Thats going to hurt it alot:nonono: . I guess the Ford engineers dont realize that weight is just as important as hp....but i guess HP sells. If a 15000# truck had a 550HP "GT" engine in it I bet people would want it:rolleyes: LOL

I have an auto/vert and know that's its heavy. I think the vert adds at least 100# and maybe as much as 200#. If I were serious about racing, I wouldn't have bought a vert, but what could be more cool than cruising in a new Mustang GT vert with the topdown?!?:flag: Still does a hell of a burnout!:nice:

I feel sorry for all the people driving around in Sebrings, Geos, Miatas, etc. - verts w/o performance:rlaugh:

95Nelson said:
I have an auto/vert and know that's its heavy. I think the vert adds at least 100# and maybe as much as 200#. If I were serious about racing, I wouldn't have bought a vert, but what could be more cool than cruising in a new Mustang GT vert with the topdown?!?:flag: Still does a hell of a burnout!:nice:

I feel sorry for all the people driving around in Sebrings, Geos, Miatas, etc. - verts w/o performance:rlaugh:
Just don't say that to all Miata's, you're liable to eat crow when you run across one of the "poor man's" Cobras. :D

I am fully aware of the "Monster Miata" with the Mustang 5.0 drive train. A friend of mine installed a turbo w/intercooler in his Miata and it'll keep up with a Mustang 5.0. Not sure how well he'd do against my 06.:shrug:

So does anyone know what a vert weighs over a coupe?

95Nelson said:
I am fully aware of the "Monster Miata" with the Mustang 5.0 drive train. A friend of mine installed a turbo w/intercooler in his Miata and it'll keep up with a Mustang 5.0. Not sure how well he'd do against my 06.:shrug:

So does anyone know what a vert weighs over a coupe?
200-300 lbs. more.