Adapter Fitting for Autometer Mechanical Water Temp gauge?

Discussion in 'Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech' started by BlackFox5.0, Dec 8, 2003.

1. BlackFox5.0

BlackFox5.0 Founding Member

I just got an Autometer mechnical water temp gauge and I need to know what size the fitting has to be to go into the intake so I can buy one....I will be mounting it where the stock sensor is....is it 3/8" or 1/2"? Also can I just go down to Home Depot, and get the adapter fitting, or is does it have to be from Autometer? The fitting on thier site look like standard plumbing fittings :shrug:
    http://www.autometer.com/hp/2003_catalog/accessories/accessories_art/2372.html
  2. stang_racer69

stang_racer69 Giddy Up My Ass! Founding Member

my guage came with the proper fittings, 3 to be exact. I belive I used the middle sized one. Really easy to pull the stocker and check, it's on the lower intake right behind the AC compresser
  3. 90mustangGT

90mustangGT I felt sorry for girls because Founding Member

You'll have to get the right adapter. The hole is 3/8ths pipe thread but you need a crush fitting to work. I think they are only $6 or something, any autometer dealer should have them.
  4. BlackFox5.0

BlackFox5.0 Founding Member

I am going to go to my local speed shop tomorrow I think, my friend got his there, I just wanted to see if it was something I could get at home depot, but it isn't

I need some kind of 3/8" to 3/8" adapter... weird....