Adding another Pony to the Stables

1989DropTop

Feb 19, 2011
Eatonville Washington
As some of you know one of my daughter's has been helping me with the restoration of my 89 convert build. I bought a 91 coupe for her earlier and after close inspection found the coupe was a pile. My daughter also said she wanted a "four eyed" Mustang. I located this one for her tonight and I am picking it up in the AM. Crappy pics. I will get better ones when we get it home tomorrow. 1979 4 banger automatic. :nice:

View attachment 175749

View attachment 175750

• Sponsors (?)

Here is a couple of pics after we got it home. Needs a lil help but the starting price of $450.00 and the car has a rebuilt motor, I think we can put a little coin into it. Body is pretty straight needs trunk lid and hood. Interior is were it needs the most help from. Daughter wants to paint it red/ burgundy metallic. eventually will have a set of Chrome Cobra R's on it for now going to swap my pony's on to it. Need to replace the master cylinder and blled the brakes today before I head to work.

View attachment 175404

View attachment 175406

View attachment 175407

Nice car. It's getting hard to find those years cars. Clean it up, it will be worth something someday.... I hope.

If you have the cash and are in this for the long run, NOW is the time to get the car's you want. The Mustang market has been like the housing market. I remember years ago, you couldn't get a decent foxbody for under $5K. Well, you could but damn you had to look. I thought I was really getting a deal on mine for $3500. Now, $3500 can get you a lot of car. The fact is that these cars, due to their age and gas milege, just are not "needed" and are people's extra cars or toys. Many people due to foreclosures and such can't keep them, so the market is flooded. It still amazes me of how some people have extreme asking prices. Well, those cars never move. I think the new 5.0 has taken a lot of desire for our old foxbodies away. Honestly, if I had the funds, I would have a 2012GT in my garage right now. Just don't have that kind of cash and I'm not going into debt.

She has a lowered Toyota pickup that I just bought her to drive daily and this was a project for us to work on together. I hope to have it fully restored with her. I am actively watching for deals and have been seeing a few here and there. Found a really clean gt 5.0 convert with 90k orignal miles 2400. I am suppossed to go look at it next week. Deals are out there and if you have the extra it is a good time to buy