Adding "audio-in" connector to mustang audio system?

slvr00gt

Founding Member
Apr 3, 2000
Denver area
I have Treo 600 that is capable of streaming audio from the web and has sizable memory card for MP3. Treo has audio output connector. I was wondering whether I can wire in the connector into my car's audio system to allow me to plug in my treo and stream the music?

Any suggestions? Any sources of information?

Treo car kit is for sale, but I am not willing to pay $300 for it

• Sponsors (?)

If you have the 2 single-DIN units in your dash then, yes, it's possible. It isn't very easy, though. If you have the single large head unit, then go buy one with an auxiliary input. Most decent units have them now.

Infinity02Zinc said:
If you have the 2 single-DIN units in your dash then, yes, it's possible. It isn't very easy, though. If you have the single large head unit, then go buy one with an auxiliary input. Most decent units have them now.

I have 2000 GT with two single DIN units. You saying it is possible to wire up an audio in connector, could you give me some more info or point me to the site with some explanations? thanks!

I want to do this on the cheap without buying the new head unit

If you have a CD changer plug on the back of your head unit it can be done relatively easy. You will need a neo-ion that plugs between your head unti and your mp3. In my Durango, the head unit, and steering wheel buttons control my iPod. Here is the site: http://www.mp3yourcar.com/
14a69h

Attachments

• 14a69h
    14a69h
    21.8 KB · Views: 65