Adding Injectors to my Speed Density 87 with a blower? Help

Hello,
I have searched with little luck, I have a 87 Saleen with a upgraded Paxton blower, boost is going to be 9-12, What I want to do is add 30lb injectors to go a long with the upgraded fuel pump. What would the effects be of just adding the #30 injectors? I was told once that they would run on a 19# open cycle and remain open and not work? Is this true? Again its speed density? Any help would be great!
stanggood.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I've had 24 lb injectors on my car with speed density with no problems other than a rich smelling exhaust. I just recently helped a friend put 24lb injectors on an '86 with speed density and it ran fine also. So I would assume the 30s would work also. I have a question for you though, you put the blower on the car with no other modifications and it runs good? Just curious, I always thought you had to run mass air to run a supercharger, thats why I converted mine to mass air.

I have had no problems with the blower on speed density, they only thing that makes them not run right is cam and head combos from what I have heard, I know several people running S/D cars with mods and no problems from just talking to them they say speed density is faster to begin with.

You really should convert it to mass air, your not using the full potential of a blower without it, there is a lot more tuning done by the eec with a maf.. I really think youd be happier.....then you wouldn't have to worry about anything you do,, cam , injectors etc.. just my thought bro,, it's is a beautiful car!! Take care of that baby!!!