Adding Inline Fuel Pumps to get more Fuel??????

Manewaymja2

Feb 11, 2009
Hey guys im looking to add one or two inline fuel pumps to my Stang to help supply more fuel to my expected Horse Power increase.

See i have a Holly 255 lph intank fuel pump now that supplies about 456 HP from boost.

Well i am upgrading to a 347 and some more boost that should make about 700 HP. Well i was looking at the Sump Tank and Pump kits online but not looking to go that route unless i was going to make the car an allout racing machine.

Instead im wondering if an added Aeromotive inline EFI Fuel pump (or Dual) would help. I will be adding a Fuel Pressure Regulator as well as a High Flow Fuel rail. Do you guys recomend this and will this work, say if I install it/them right in front of the Stock fuel Filter. Will I have any overheating issues or any other things to watch out for.:shrug:

Please your input and or experience is needed here.:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

I can't help you from first hand experience. but my friend runs two in tank fuel pumps on his car for the extra fuel and it works great for him he is doing a turbo setup and has a very big turbo and he is now setting one of the pumps on a hobb switch so whenever the turbo starts to spool the other fuel pump turns on. thats just a example of what he did it was on a camaro. I believe 2 tank pumps is better and maybe little larger diameter fuel lines. I am not talking from experience though that is just my perspective. just trying to give you some ideas

I believe that bigger lines and a FPR would help allot in my set up and yes i will be doing that as well.

Want to know if the inline pumps would be the way to go for the added HP. I am pretty sure with the Heads im running i would be lucky to see more that 800 HP at the crank. But after all its going to be Street Strip fun car.

Thanks for the input

No it will not work. Two 255's into -10 would work or a A1000 which is what I run. My car used to run out of fuel around 500 with a 255 intank and a anderson pusher. Others have made more like that but no where near what your aiming for...

What I am saying is you want 2 inline 255's with a pickup in the tank or sump. Or run a single A1000. You need a real fuel system you are not going to be reusing any of the stock stuff. Mine goes -10 from pickup to A1000 with 10 and 100 micron filters to -10 up to the front to a y block feeding two -8's to each fuel rail into the regulator and a -8 return. I do not make as much power as your looking for but I am planning on using this setup until at least until 700ish hp.