adding sub to mach 460

Discussion in 'Mustang Sound & Shine All' started by adamb258, Dec 19, 2003.

1. HobieDude16

HobieDude16 I have the cool Founding Me
    Founding Member

go with 1 8" jl audio w7, VERY clean bass, and it can hit SO hard when you want it, sounds good for all types of music.... not made for rap, but CAN be used for it, primarily a rock sub, and it is SO clean sounding... i give it a 15 on a scale of 1-10! i am SO happy i got this sub.... and get jl 250/1 amp to power it

2. Bulldog6Z6

Bulldog6Z6 New Member

maybe one of thoose infinity basslinks is what you are looking for, doesnt take up much room and doesnt hit to hard but sounds nice.

3. Zacharyx

Zacharyx Member

4. grodgers

grodgers Member

I politely disagree

99.999% of alternator whine comes from poor component grounding. I have my 4 gauge power, 3 sets of rca's and remote power wire all loomed together, and running to the rear of the car. That's about 15 feet all bundled. I have ZERO induced noise.

I recommend purchasing a decent set (i.e. not a $2 set at radio shack) of rca's - simply because of build quality. In rca's it's the quality of manufacture (i.e. how the ends connectors are attached) that matters the most. You don't need $100 rca's - if you want to spend the $$ cuz it looks good, go ahead, but a decently manufactured set of rca's at $15-$20 will *not* have any sound degradation from a set of $100 cables.

Just my 2ยข