Additional revs after letting of gas

Could this be the result of a bad throw out bearing and VERY worn clutch.

Leaving a parking lot or such, as I go to shift, when I let off on the gas some, there is a fraction of a second of additional revving, noticeable because of throw out bearing whine. Could this be because of the bad bearing and worn clutch, or an issue with the TB/ vacuum etc?

• Sponsors (?)

Blade isnt sticking, I removed the TB a while back and cleaned it, because I had a surging idle issue (still do, but its down on the list of fixes).

The problem really only became noticeable in conjuction with the throw out bearing whine, which turns into a nasty grinding sound if the idle issue happens at a red light and the rpms drop below 600 then shoot back up to 1200.

So basically, my problems started with an odd idle, which occasionally happens. Sometimes it will idle like a purring kitten for 5-10 minutes, and sometimes it will lope from 500-1500 rpm's, each progressive lope getting more extreme. (so like 800-1100, next one 700-1200, etc.)

The grind recently developed, as did the throw out bearing whine. The clutch also has seen its final days.

The only other posibility is that because I changed to the march alternator bracket, put on the ac delete kit, and have the lightweight flex fan, that I am just hearing the spin of the fan now that I can climb rpm's faster, and am able to hear things a bit better.

The grind/rev/idle thing is my biggest overall concern though. Right before I parked her for the winter to do some other work, and save some money for a house, when I'd put her into reverse, I'd also get a nasty squeel of protest from the clutch area.

As a side note, the throttle cable appears to have no binds and operates smoothly.

that sounds like a hanging idle to me. You will need to check and clean the MAF, clean the throttle body, IAT, and IAC. Also you will need to check the voltage on the TPS. There was a site with a ton of info on the hanging idle problem, but I forget what the link was. Maybe someone here knows it.