Adjusted my caster&camber - questions + **pics**

gnat

Feb 25, 2004
Ok I know it probably depends on the manufacturer but here goes... these are Tr1ck One (Dugan Racing, GA). and I would like to know the range of negative camber and also positive caster available. Perhaps the plates don't make a difference provided they allow the full range given in the strut tower holes. But I'd love to know what i'm working with so I can get something appropriate and not too ridiculous for tire wear.

BTW the car hangs beautifully, it's a very obvious change but I can't always drive on curvy roads. However, I almost never get on the hwy. I just go backroads between work and don't put a ton of miles on the car to begin with.

Plates:
camber6.jpg

Different views:
camber4.jpg

camber3.jpg

camber2.jpg

Sorry the car is dirty.. :(

Thanks for any help you may be able to give me... btw, usually the rear wheels look like they have a slight negative camber before doing this to the front.

Here is an older pic of the rear without adjustments to the front and different tires. I know I'm parked with my wheel turned which easily makes up for well more than half of the look here but it usually looked like it did have a slight negative camber in the rear if that's even possible.

camber8.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

lol I know, I'm changing it in a few minutes.. just wantd to try it out. back to normal it will go but I guess I'll have to take it somewhere to get a nice -1.2 goin

I run -1.5 for the street in the front and its great :D Tires wear fine, at least as fast as I go through them haha.

Go get the car aligned at an alignment shop (not just a tire shop, they'll often just set the toe and forget about caster/camber), I wouldn't go more than -.8 without a way to correct for bumpsteer though, the more camber you have the worse bumpsteer effects will be.

lol I know, I'm changing it in a few minutes.. just wantd to try it out. back to normal it will go but I guess I'll have to take it somewhere to get a nice -1.2 goin

Ok, good. I though you might have left it like that. My friends 97 Cobra was lowered with no alignment or caster plates. His tires "looked" straight, but they weren't. They were slightly in....not as much as yours. I put it on my hoist for an oil change and the wires were coming out of the inner edge!!!! The rest of the tires were like brand new. He said they were 500 miles old!! EEK:eek:

Yeah, the rears do have negative camber. I forget why but I remember the first time I noticed that about my car, I thought something was seriously broken. Turns out that's just how they make em ..