Advantages of CC plates?

Mar 15, 2011
I've got a 1992 2.3T Fox that has Ford Racing springs, and is in bad need of alignment after new ball joints. I have a set of MM CC plates sitting in the box that I've never had time to get around to doing. From what I've been told, there's really no advantage to them Other than alignment range. And since TNT car isn't slammed and I don't have coil overs, I probably shouldn't have any issues. So other than that, any other reason to install them? I have a vibration above 75mph but I'm Sure that's due to tire wear or balance, or something else. I'm debating just unloading them and putting the money elsewhere in the car. here's some pics for height reference
18F0D769-08CB-41D0-AE0C-84E0781C13CE-15916-00000F4DBD660FB4.jpg

435DA5D2-ABD9-402B-BFE3-459A5D3EB3A7-15916-00000F4DCD5338BC.jpg

Attachments

• 18F0D769-08CB-41D0-AE0C-84E0781C13CE-15916-00000F4DBD660FB4.jpg
    18F0D769-08CB-41D0-AE0C-84E0781C13CE-15916-00000F4DBD660FB4.jpg
    274.8 KB · Views: 110
  • 435DA5D2-ABD9-402B-BFE3-459A5D3EB3A7-15916-00000F4DCD5338BC.jpg
    435DA5D2-ABD9-402B-BFE3-459A5D3EB3A7-15916-00000F4DCD5338BC.jpg
    289.5 KB · Views: 116
  • Sponsors (?)

Not just alignment range, but alignment precision. The alignment stays where you put it, unlike the stock mounts, which squish all over the place as the loads change. For :poo:s and giggles, watch your strut tops move around as you unload and reload the front end with a jack. That doesn't happen with c/c plates. Plus the MM ones buy you an inch more bump travel which is important if you lower the car.

A compromise on the precision angle is to install poly strut bushings, but that won't give you the additional alignment range on camber and caster that the cc plates will give you. On the negative side, cc plates will create some noise compared to strut bushings.

Did you put that motor in the car?
I did. Its built and running a T3, fun car so far. Haven't been able to drive it much due to military and being away from home. But if I had to do it again, for te same money is homestly just go 302.
And tha K's for the comments! I've had the car for years, was originally purchased as a parts car lol. She needs body work and some fresh paint, and a 5-lug at some point. But for now I'm done, gotta save up for a new car before I go any farther with this project

Next time maybe just do the 302 with a turbo.. The 2.3 turbo is different though.. I like it.
dont get me wrong, I like it too. I'll probably like it a bit more after an eventual mega squirt and some other little tweaks, and eventual muffler delete. The way I have the motor built has tons of potential, I just need the supporting computer and air mods that will come down the line. Also: excuse my typo's, I'm posting from a phone with a half broken screen, and no computer access where I'm currently stationed.

dont get me wrong, I like it too. I'll probably like it a bit more after an eventual mega squirt and some other little tweaks, and eventual muffler delete. The way I have the motor built has tons of potential, I just need the supporting computer and air mods that will come down the line. Also: excuse my typo's, I'm posting from a phone with a half broken screen, and no computer access where I'm currently stationed.
Why megasquirt? Have you looked at the quarterhorse at all?

I spent about 600$ to get everything I needed to do the quarterhorse setup including two tuning programs the tune and wideband..I'm pretty sure the megasquirt would end up being more expensive. Go to eectuning.org there is a lot of information on that site.. I pay someone on that site to make tunes for me via email.. Because there is a lot to learn about tuning.

I spent about 600$ to get everything I needed to do the quarterhorse setup including two tuning programs the tune and wideband..I'm pretty sure the megasquirt would end up being more expensive. Go to eectuning.org there is a lot of information on that site.. I pay someone on that site to make tunes for me via email.. Because there is a lot to learn about tuning.
I'll have to keep that in mind. I really like the idea of the pimp setup, and it's simplicity. So we'll see what happens down the road. I've got a few projects before that.

Pimp is a custom EEC sold by stinger performance that is plug and play, and allows for easy tuning as well. They come in right at $650 or so
Never heard of that one.. What do you get for the 650$. Just the EEC? My quarterhorse setup for everything I needed and a tune was around that price. I would imagine that the tuning process would be pretty similar for both of these products.

I spent about 600$ to get everything I needed to do the quarterhorse setup including two tuning programs the tune and wideband..
I'm pretty sure the megasquirt would end up being more expensive.
Go to eectuning.org there is a lot of information on that site.. I pay someone on that site to make tunes for me via email.. Because there is a lot to learn about tuning.

It isn't, and for what A MS DIYPNP will do in the end isn't even a close comparison.