Advice On 07 Gt500 Mods

Good morning everyone,

I recently purchased a 2007 GT500 Convertible, 6sp back in October. As much as I love the 500hp stock, I don't feel its quite enough. I'm not looking to invest 5000.00 to get another 200hp out of it. I'd just like to be above 600 or so. I'm also looking to put a nice exhaust on, however I'm not sure what is and what isn't street legal. I've been looking at these off road pipes, but something tells me they won't pass inspection. I'd like something that is loud and lets it's presence known when the car is there, but still is drivable on the highway. Also, I'd like to get a better sound out of the super charger as it's a it quiet right now. Perhaps a bigger air intake?

I'm open to any nice customization idea's as well. I've already debated changing out the headlights and putting in some Halo lights and upgrading the Shaker 500 system. I do have one of the few cars that has the penned in signature on the glovebox instead of the plate they made for the cars a bit later.

• Sponsors (?)

A set of axle back mufflers and a JLT intake / pulley combo sounds like it would be perfect. Maybe $2000?How close are you to
Evolution Performance 3606 Market Street. Aston, PA 19014 610-485-3596? Big drag race GT500 guys.

http://jlttruecoldair.com/ZenCart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=283_284&products_id=414 About 100 HP and TQ
http://www.evoperform.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=11_243 Not much gain but should be enough for your sound desires.

How ever you go good luck man! There should be a ton of videos about sound on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/results?sear...0j1.21.0...0.0...1ac.1.11.youtube.2Q6LVraYWZ8

Good morning everyone,

I recently purchased a 2007 GT500 Convertible, 6sp back in October. As much as I love the 500hp stock, I don't feel its quite enough. I'm not looking to invest 5000.00 to get another 200hp out of it. I'd just like to be above 600 or so. I'm also looking to put a nice exhaust on, however I'm not sure what is and what isn't street legal. I've been looking at these off road pipes, but something tells me they won't pass inspection. I'd like something that is loud and lets it's presence known when the car is there, but still is drivable on the highway. Also, I'd like to get a better sound out of the super charger as it's a it quiet right now. Perhaps a bigger air intake?

I'm open to any nice customization idea's as well. I've already debated changing out the headlights and putting in some Halo lights and upgrading the Shaker 500 system. I do have one of the few cars that has the penned in signature on the glovebox instead of the plate they made for the cars a bit later.

First of all, congrats on your purchase. I'm a little passionate about the originals;) Mine is one of the first 500 built back in June of '06 and she's been loved and beaten within in inch of her life ever since.

Quick version on your power mods:

07-09s are 435 (+/-, sea level) at the tires. About 415-420 torque.
Cold air and tune will net you 500.
Add a pulley; 2.60"= 12psi and about 525-530 rwhp. 2.50" is around 13psi and 530-540rwhp.
Larger throttle body and port matching a high flow elbow will get you around 15-20 more.
Ditching the cats will give you 10 or so.

Ported, big elbow'd Eatons with a lower 10% and the right calibrations can get you to the high 500's. BUT, you're making a ton of heat and it's not the most efficient way to go.

I've run mid-10's with this set up though.

We're not a supporting sponsor/vendor yet, but soon will be. In the meantime, this is just freebie data.

I do hope you'll support those that support the forums and buy from them. If I can help you with any advice, don't hesitate to reach out.

Congrats again-

bj