Advice On Cleaning A Set Of Heads

May 20, 2005
Arkansas
I haven't been on here in quite some time, but I need some advice..

I've had a set of PI heads off my '02 GT (76k miles) that have been sitting around in storage for 5 years (in my closet away from anything that can hurt them). Now, I got them back out and have decided I should probably clean them up since they really haven't gotten cleaned since they came off the car. I've "inspected" them to see if there was any problems from the previous storage, but they look exactly like they did when I put them away 5 years ago - so that's some good news!

Question is: Does anyone know a good method for cleaning these things? And if so, what should I use to clean them with? :shrug:

I plan on cleaning them up, then sealing them off air-tight and hanging onto them until I have the $$ to get them ported & polished and re-installed (which may take a few years). :banana:

• Sponsors (?)

I like how you pop back in every year or so with a random question... haha. Glad to see you're still around.

If you're going to store them for a long period of time, it might be a good idea to lightly coat them in some type of lubricant... and seal them up in a bag. If they're clean now, that's probably all you have to do.

Maybe someone else can chime in, but that'd prevent any type of corrosion from forming in the case they came across any moisture.