Advice on finding a project car research materials

Did a quick search and didn't see anything on good places to start researching old mustangs.

My unit and I deploy to Afghanistan in the next two weeks or so and plan to start a vintage mustang when I return. I was wondering about finding any good books about old mustangs or restoring classic cars that'd be worth reading while I'm gone. We are going to a pretty remote area and won't have internet access except when we return to one of the larger bases to refit. I'd like to build something similar to the late 60's Shelby's. Preferably a convertible. I don't know what models and what can be modified easily, what requires more extensive work, etc. That is why I'm looking for some good old fashioned books to research with. But if you have online material go ahead-it sure can't hurt and I'll save it for when I get back as the project progresses. I've included some pictures of the type of look I'd like to go for and any advice at all would be appreciated.

Here is the look I am going for:
0_3-1.jpg

0_6.jpg

0__Rear.jpg

0_Engine.jpg

3.jpg

7.jpg

My current project is a 2004 Acura RSX that is being built for both show and track-style racing. It should be complete during the first few weeks when I get back and finally have some time off to do the remaining work-primarily a twin-screw supercharger that'll put down about 450whp on a 2600lb car. Should be fun. So I'm well aware of how much this hobby costs. I know it probably isn't most of y'alls style but in case you were curious:
DSCN1003.jpg

DSCN0999.jpg

12ValveCover05.jpg

06Seats01.jpg

Seats04.jpg

• Sponsors (?)