Aerospace or CSR Electric Water Pump?

So, I'm finally gonna replace the ghetto water pump set up. I have a friend with a 331 mustang with and aerospace electric water pump and he hasn't had any issues but I don't know anyone with the CSR Water pump. I'm just looking for some non-biased feedback lol Thank you

• Sponsors (?)

Can't say I've used either one of those, but I've been running a Meziere electric waterpump on my F150 now for the past 4-years (about 80,000km) and it's been flawless. That's year round, under all condtions, in temps ranging from 35C to -35C.

I've heard nothing but good things about Meziere but unforunately it's a little out of my price range lol

I hear ya...in my case, it was worth the additional cost. Being as how I use mine in my daily driver and not as a track piece like most, I figured...how many times would I need to overheat and take out a head gasket, or be left stranded on the side of the road before the extra couple hundred dollars became "worth it" to me. :D

I've heard good things about the CRS pumps from those who own them. Don't know anyone running an Aerospace pump. Not sure if I'd trust a Proform elecric water pump though. Can't say I've ever heard of one going down......but everything else they build is absolute garbage, so to me it isn't worth the risk.

If it's a street car... Meziere. I wouldn't trust anything else. Make sure your alternator is up to snuff, especially with an electric fan as well. Used ones pop up on corral from time to time. I think I paid less than $300 for my gently used Meziere. Even has the ports for the heater core.

Scott is right if you need heat or defrost, your only choice is the high dollar Meziere. I like the Aerospace since it pulls less amps then the CSR, used them for years and haven't had any issues at all.

Scott is right if you need heat or defrost, your only choice is the high dollar Meziere. I like the Aerospace since it pulls less amps then the CSR, used them for years and haven't had any issues at all.
The Aeorspace Electirc water pump and new thermostat housing is on the way , Went ahead and got new headlights, black carpet,black leather rear seats and Eibach Pro Kit lowering springs while I was at it lol.
Thanks for all the input everybody and I'll post pics when installed :nice:

I have a Brand New CSR that I was holding back to put on my street car build. I live in south florida but occasionally would like to flip the HEAT switch. We south floridians get cold when the thermo drops below 70 degrees F.

I've heard nothing but good things about Meziere but unforunately it's a little out of my price range lol

The Aeorspace Electirc water pump and new thermostat housing is on the way , Went ahead and got new headlights, black carpet,black leather rear seats and Eibach Pro Kit lowering springs while I was at it lol.
Thanks for all the input everybody and I'll post pics when installed :nice:

So much for not having the money to spend on the Meziere.

Priorities man, priorities. ;)

So much for not having the money to spend on the Meziere.

Priorities man, priorities. ;)
Well after doing my research and since I don't need defrost(no heater on my car) I decided to order the Aerospace water pump. I had a budget of $400 or less for my water pump in order for me to still afford the appearence mods I felt my car needed. I have talked to many people and the Aerospace sounded perfect for what I was needing :)

New aerospace water pump installed

Attachments

• 2013-03-10_01-43-02_788-1.jpg
    2013-03-10_01-43-02_788-1.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 475
  • 2013-03-10_01-49-25_618-1.jpg
    2013-03-10_01-49-25_618-1.jpg
    227 KB · Views: 1,311
Indeed. What was the total cost after all said and done if you don't mind me asking?
Thanks, the Aerospace sbf electric water pump was $341 from summit and I had to get a Mr Gasket thermostat housing to block off the themostat bypass that was $30 from late model restoration. The aerospace seems very high quality, everything uses o-rings to seal and it works great so far :)