aerostar aluminum driveshaft swap!

Discussion in 'Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech' started by fastford91, Oct 19, 2007.

1. yes...its the proper length
  2. my 2000 ext cab v6 5 speed ranger had an alum ds. I wonder if its been checked for fitment.
  3. Just an FYI. There is a tool available for U joint replacement. It's $30 at Harbor Freight tools. It's worth every penny and can save a lot of aggravation. I've seen people break new U joints, yolks, driveshafts and loose bearings while pounding on U joints.

Do yourself a favor and buy the tool. It'll keep you from looking like a monkey pounding on a precision tooled part with a sledge hammer.:nono:

It's also a lot faster than beating the joints in and out.
  4. I've always used a vice and a couple sockets(one to push the bearing cup out, and another larger to catch it on the other side)to pop them in and out....
  5. not to get off topic... but what makes you think they switched to aluminum because it has less vibration? why would aluminum vibrate less that steel?... i mean we straiten and balance them all before we are done building them..what the diffrence in material? a serious question i jsut really wasnt sure..:shrug:
  6. I also want to add that the napa part #1-0134BF is for the heavy duty u-joint
    They don't have a greese fitting. the BF in the part number means Brute Force. If you want a u-joint with a greese fitting you could order a 1-0134 U-joint
  7. So stock mustang 5.0 u joints dont work for this swap?