AFR 165 heads

amplifier28 said:
I want my car to ride like a daily driver but also to have good launches. My car is not a daily driver and is only a weekend cruiser. Like I said before, I want it to have good launches. I am already going to upgrade the transmission by buying a TCI streetfighter transmission with their streetfighter 3000 stall torque converter. Will this be a better start?

you should talk to whoever your buying the converter from and let them recomend a stall speed, they will match it up to your combo or match it to whatever the goals you have for your car is.

if you go with the tfs cam and afr's just keep the cobra intake on it and see if the car is fast enough, its gonna be a big difference, and then when you want more power get a aftermarket intake.

• Sponsors (?)

Again, perfect example of how 2000xp8 never has anything positive to say. I could see if you had personal experiance with hard facts, but you don't and shoot your mouth still. It's getting rediculous.

PoopDawg said:
Again, perfect example of how 2000xp8 never has anything positive to say. I could see if you had personal experiance with hard facts, but you don't and shoot your mouth still. It's getting rediculous.
You know what poop, you are a jackass. I see more heads go on mustangs in one day than you've seen in your life. With almost any aftermarket aluminum head you are likely to need different length pushrods to get it perfect.

Should I of replied "Do it, don't bother measuring, you are great"
Would that of made you happy?
He asked a technical question, and i gave him the correct answer. Has nothing to do with negativity.
Maybe you want this guy to screw something up?

You have too much time on your hands now, shouldn't you be on the unemployment line?

2000xp8 said:
You know what poop, you are a jackass. I see more heads go on mustangs in one day than you've seen in your life. With almost any aftermarket aluminum head you are likely to need different length pushrods to get it perfect.

Should I of replied "Do it, don't bother measuring, you are great"
Would that of made you happy?
He asked a technical question, and i gave him the correct answer. Has nothing to do with negativity.
Maybe you want this guy to screw something up?

You have too much time on your hands now, shouldn't you be on the unemployment line?
Awwwww... Is that supposed to hurt my feelings? Don't worry... This is exactly what will get you banned. Direct attacks on people... :)

PoopDawg said:
Awwwww... Is that supposed to hurt my feelings? Don't worry... This is exactly what will get you banned. Direct attacks on people... :)
Direct attack on who?
My post was defense.
You had no opinion on the topic here, but yet you still posted just to reply to me. Going out of your way to get under my skin? Do i do that to you? You seem like a bit like a stalker to me.
For some reason you think you're some kind of angel here.

Oh, and almost forgot, if i'm getting so "ridiculous", why not just ignore me? Very few if any of my posts are directed towards you.

I'm not attacking you in any way. I'm simply stating what everyone here sees. Every post you make is negative. It's always "you're doing it wrong" with no facts to back up your claim. I'm just letting you know everytime you open your mouth (or fingers) on this forum, it's negative. That's all. :)

PoopDawg said:
I'm not attacking you in any way. I'm simply stating what everyone here sees. Every post you make is negative. It's always "you're doing it wrong" with no facts to back up your claim. I'm just letting you know everytime you open your mouth (or fingers) on this forum, it's negative. That's all. :)
How exacty is telling the guy to measure for pushrods telling the guy to do it wrong? The guy has to buy new pushrods anyway, why not measure instead of guessing? What's a lenght checker go for, like $15?
What next, you don't want me telling a guy with TW's and a .600 lift cam to check for clearance?

And now you speak for the house huh, that's quite a promotion.

You should pick your attacks on me better, there's plenty of posts where a reply or attack on me may be warranted, but you are out of line this time. Makes you look worse, not me.

So to attack me about making negative posts, you make a negative post. hmmm.
You could of sent me a PM, since this is obviously personal.

2000xp8 - don't argue with the tard........telling someone to measure for correct pushrod length is the exact right thing to do. WAY too often I see guys asking what length pushrod to use and getting nothing but guesses from guys who think they know - when they should be measuring.

I like my 165's...I just wish I would have went with the spring upgrade, but itll be done soon. I used to be all for the F cam until I saw how much more power the newer technology split dur. cams were making. I based my current combo on one straight off of AFR's site. The carb'd combo made a little over 400 horse on the dyno using all the same stuff I went with(xception of EFI) I AM NOT SAYING I have 400 horse, the car isnt even tuned yet but it def makes plenttttyyyy more power than my freinds with an E cam. The motorsport cams have not nut below 3000RPM's unless you wanna go 4:10. IMO

tmoss said:
2000xp8 - don't argue with the tard........telling someone to measure for correct pushrod length is the exact right thing to do. WAY too often I see guys asking what length pushrod to use and getting nothing but guesses from guys who think they know - when they should be measuring.
Tard? ****, I was sticking up for you! I wasn't complaining about him saying to measure for pushrod length. It'd be stupid not to. Nice to call customers tards... :rolleyes:

I think that anyone who is not trying to help this guy should STFU and take it to private messages.

I am using FMS hardened pushrods, stock length, with my 165's and TFS Stage 1 cam. Seems to work good for me. I did not use the checker springs, but did try the marker on the valve tip method. Everthing was not centered perfectly, they were sort of all over the place. But they did have the same length roll marks, so I went with it.

But every combo is different. I would perform at the least the marker test. Using an adjustable pushrod would be the best way. If you are unfamiliar with these tools, do a quick search on Google or whatever. There are some decent technical sites to show you the ropes.

PoopDawg said:
Tard? ****, I was sticking up for you! I wasn't complaining about him saying to measure for pushrod length.

The I was mistaken and you have sincere apologies as I thought you were down on him for saying to measure the pushrods.

Edit: and for the record - customer or not, if someone supports (or seems to support in this case) marginal or bad advice I'm gonna call him on it.

PoopDawg said:
Tard? ****, I was sticking up for you! I wasn't complaining about him saying to measure for pushrod length. It'd be stupid not to. Nice to call customers tards... :rolleyes:

whine.gif

Tom, i think the problem is that senior poopdawg didn't read the dates on the posts you and i had made about "to port or not to" issue. Either that or he thought he could stir something up between you and I.
That was almost 2 months ago. And the original poster just used this thread to ask an additional question.