afr 165cc or 185cc?

• Sponsors (?)

If you are going to get some nice AFR heads I would go ahead and pay another 150 dollars or so and get a custom cam...I guarantee you won't regret it... :D

David

5spd GT said:
If you are going to get some nice AFR heads I would go ahead and pay another 150 dollars or so and get a custom cam...I guarantee you won't regret it... :D

David

Yea I agree, You would make more power with a set of twisted wedge heads for 1,000 and use the 300 you saved for a nice custom cam. And as far as what heads to get, it all depends if you have enough piston to valve clearance to use the 185's and if you are going to run a goood enough cam and rev it high enough to take advantage of the 185's larger intake runners.

26x10.50x15 et streets
other mods r

1 5/8 shorty headers 'hookers'
1.7 roller rockers
hot coil
abv timing
short belt no p/pump
aftermarket fuel pump not sure what size?
sub frame con.
90/10 front shocks
50/50 rear shocks
after market lower con arms
cold air kit 'bbk'
i think thats about it

new mods
typhoon intake
alum heads afr 165 or 185 not sure yet
throttle body 70mm "bbk'
'b' cam
please let me know what you think.

Yeah man, the B cam is far too small for AFR heads, they flow more than the cam will let 'em. at least use an x cam. A cam with 264 to 274 druation will like the 165's and you'd need like a 282 duration for the 185's. I wouldn't go with the 185's unless you aren't concerned with torque as much as horsepower.

Black331Stang said:
165s and u are wasting your money on those heads if your putting a b cam in it...go with a custom or at least something better

Exactly, go to ed curtis he'll hook you up with what you need. Look at some of his combos an you'll see why we say to ditch that crap ass b-cam an get a real one.

tvmango said:
I don't believe you can fit the 185's on a stock pistons.....

Your right, the bigger vavles in the 185s won't clear the stock pistons. You'd have to flycut them. That's one thing that turned me off to 185's i don't wanna have to flycut my pistons so i'm just going with the 165s.