AFR 205s Chamber Size

js66coupe

May 10, 2009
Florida
I really appreaciate all the responses to my questions as my restoration/engine build proceeds. I'm now at the point where I need to purchase the rotating assy and heads. I'm looking to do a 408W stroker w/ AFR 205 heads. I'm wondering what chamber size I should go with, the 58cc or the 72cc heads. It appears that with the varied dish size in pistons, I can get about the same CR (10.5:1) with either head. I'm thinking the 58cc head. Any reason to go with the 72cc head given the CR will be nearly identical using flat tops as opposed to dished pistons with the 58cc head?
Thanks once again for the help.

• Sponsors (?)

+1 with respect to what Dennis mentioned about the "dishes" amd making more power. You should research this thought. There is a lot out there, some hype, some real.
As it sounds like your project is going to be more of a drag car, you might want to focus on components making power in the upper half of the food chain. Starting with the heads then cam and valve train.

Can you just post it here? whats so private about the dish piston study?

It is not private. Stangnet blocks the other site (tiff between both sites) and so it can't be posted here. I am simply compling with the desires of both sites.

It is a long thread in another forum and so you have to muddle through it. It has been a long time since I read it, but the conclusion was that dished pistons gave more HP.

PM sent to you.

Maybe or maybe not, but they have software that does it. For example, here is the link (and I didn't add the ******* in front of the com-the stangnet software did):

http://*******.com/index.php/topic,3439.0.html

cool. this site must be pretty pathetic. not having the ability to share information found on another site is pretty sad. I could understand if it was bashing or promoting another site, but information? maybe a moderator will clue me in.

there should be a rule on forums that you have to site your source, just to prevent some of the BS.

i wonder if they will filter this response?

cool. this site must be pretty pathetic. not having the ability to share information found on another site is pretty sad. I could understand if it was bashing or promoting another site, but information? maybe a moderator will clue me in.

there should be a rule on forums that you have to site your source, just to prevent some of the BS.

i wonder if they will filter this response?

HI
You might try spelling out the site name and leave the ".com" off. I expect most of us already know them anyway. Perhaps "Small block fords" etc., for example.