Afr Head Install Question

• Sponsors (?)

While we are on the subject, head bolts not my pants, I should be ok reusing mine, my engine is out of an 86
You certainly CAN reuse them. I have in the past on some of my engines. The question would be do you feel lucky? Is the price of new bolts so much that you are willing to chance that a failure of your old bolts is worth the risk? Choice is yours.

I know what you're thinking, "Did I torque the bolts to 75 lb/ft or only 60?" Well being as this is a 302, one Ford's best little engines..and would take a finger clean off if caught in the fan belt. You have to ask yourself, "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya...punk?:uzi:

Reactions: 2 users
Well maybe I should give clint a call and see what he thinks although he'll probably tell me to just pull the trigger and find out.
I think I just 'pull the trigger' and put some new ones in, I ain't put'n no hair dryer on it but if I could find one of them old huffers I likely couldn't resist.

Reactions: 1 user
I am old and my memory faded, and I forgot to check my build notebook. I had a set of ARP head bolts and washers that were on the iron gt 40 heads, since they were from a 351 Lightning. So it all fit back together.
Sorry for the false alarm.

I also thought the changeover to TTY head bolts was sometime in the 90s.

I've played with s few 80s engine and the bolts were not TTY.

However, for my car, I'll buy some ARP studs.