AFRs not all they're cracked up to be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

The AFR's are supposed to have the better "across the board numbers". That has been tested. The AFR 185's will outflow the TW's by a small amount overall.

So walker...how is your tune? Can you give us your timing or fuel pressure just out of curiosity. good luck.

walker95svt said:
perfection? a 1/4 mile at a time? reminds me of a quote from a certain movie...

I didn't come up with it, Mustang Enthusiast magazine editor Rob Reaser did. If you have a problem with it take it up with him...

1mustangenthusiast.jpg

I started in thread with questions to try and determine what you had and why you felt the way you did. You came here with a blanket statement with no real backup other than what it "feels" like. My car felt slower after I put my heads and cam on it until I REALLY tuned it with my eec tuner and that made a HUGE difference in the way it felt. I missed where you said a mustang dyno and not a dynojet, so I'm sorry about that. I do know from personal experience how low they "can" actually read, but I have seen times where they were pretty close too, it was dependent on the weight/air resistance/and load inputted to the dyno for that car, the dynojet can not/does not use any of these as its just an inertia dyno. I had my car dyno'd on a mustang dyno way back when I had the stock heads and cam along with an edelbrock intake and all of the other normal bolt-ons. Most guys were putting down ~235rwhp on a dynojet with similar combos, I put down 188rwhp, but the car was running 98.5mph which showed it was on par with other similar combos. For some reason the dyno I went to at the time would only dyno stick cars in 3rd gear and not 4th, which I'll never understand... they have since switched to dyno'ing in 4th. :rolleyes:

1EVIL88VERT said:
ok i realy don't want to get involved with this but, that does sound gay

Sound gay? How can you talk trash to someone that gets the job done and you dont. You know why Paul goes goes faster? Because he has damn near perfected his car. He has worked at it for years and it shows. Maybe if you knew the whole story of his car and his past, you would think differently.

I like it paul...i wish a magazine editor would give me praises like that.

5spd GT said:
The AFR's are supposed to have the better "across the board numbers". That has been tested. The AFR 185's will outflow the TW's by a small amount overall.

So walker...how is your tune? Can you give us your timing or fuel pressure just out of curiosity. good luck.

Thts what i thought too. I also thought the AFRs gave a higher compression to cause it. So, with that said, if u mill TWs will u get the same result of a broader curve? Or is there more to it? :shrug:

nmcgrawj said:
Sound gay? How can you talk trash to someone that gets the job done and you dont. You know why Paul goes goes faster? Because he has damn near perfected his car. He has worked at it for years and it shows. Maybe if you knew the whole story of his car and his past, you would think differently.

I like it paul...i wish a magazine editor would give me praises like that.
wow...get off his dick :rlaugh:

1EVIL88VERT said:
wow...get off his dick :rlaugh:

Off his dick? Dude how old are you? Grow up. Get some respect for people who have knowledge and who have achieved things. Paul is one of the most highly spoken for people on this board for a reason. Learn the facts before you run your mouth. Its uncalled for and your childish remarks aren't needed. This is all i will say on the matter.

nmcgrawj said:
Off his dick? Dude how old are you? Grow up. Get some respect for people who have knowledge and who have achieved things. Paul is one of the most highly spoken for people on this board for a reason. Learn the facts before you run your mouth. Its uncalled for and your childish remarks aren't needed. This is all i will say on the matter.
i said one thing about that stupid perfection thing....and you go off on me......perfection....far from it, i just don't see how a 12sec. car can ever be considered perfection....sorry thats just me, maybe in the land of civic's but not here.

1EVIL88VERT said:
i said one thing about that stupid perfection thing....and you go off on me......perfection....far from it, i just don't see how a 12sec. car can ever be considered perfection....sorry thats just me, maybe in the land of civic's but not here.

Civics? Dude what are you saying? So with your thinking...no car will ever be perfect since you can always make it faster and faster right? Wrong. Your car can be perfect if you built it for a specific reason. Perfect= Lacking nothing essential to the whole; complete of its nature or kind. The owner decides what is the "whole" not some guy talking smack on the internet. Pauls car does very well for what it is...power, weight, parts, etc. And im pretty sure his last run when he blew his motor he was on sight for 11's.

You know what, forget it. There is no hope.... :lock:

EDIT: If you are offended by someone "going off on you" on the internet you need to get a grip :nice: Its not that deep :rolleyes:

whatever a 12 second mustang will never be perfect enough for me to see it titled as such, 10's yes, even low 11's but not a god damn 12 second car. although i do like his car, pefect come on realy now.....oh how about a double :lock: :lock: .......... :shrug: theres no hope....

1EVIL88VERT said:
whatever a 12 second mustang will never be perfect enough for me to see it titled as such, 10's yes, even low 11's but not a god damn 12 second car. although i do like his car, pefect come on realy now.....oh how about a double :lock: :lock: .......... :shrug: theres no hope....

How about NMRA Factory stock cars running high 11's with STOCK parts, those probably aren't perfect either. But a Mustang with a 460 big block, a Procharger with 25 psi and a 100 shot of nitrous running high 10's is perfection. :shrug:

Remember your high school science classes, you need to know when to think in relative and absolute terms.

I'll get the last word here.

1EVIL88VERT, no offense but you have a 270HP car and your bashing a car that makes much more than that and featured in magazines? If you can't play nice go back to the FOX forums.

Walker, sorry for this thread being hijacked. I hope you continue to stick around and frequent the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.