AFS Cobras 17x8 & 17x9 ... FR 17x8 Bullitts .. or help me identify deez

Shopping rims for newly acquired '89 white notch (w/ black body moldings)...

Considering AFS Cobra R's, but wondering your experience or acquired knowledge on them:

A. Do the 17x9's (rear) come close to flush with the fender lip (don't like the tucked into the wheelwell look :puke:
B. How do they track the road ... don't like rut play while drivin' :nonono:

Prefer to get Ford 17x8 charcoal Bullitts. Don't have enough funds to go towards the 2300 5-lug kit, wheels/tires and other things I want to do.
But want to make sure of a few things first and hope someone can help me out:

A. Will they fit on the $400 Ford drum/axle & rotor conversion (I think they have too deep of a backspacing :shrug: )
B. If they fit, do they tuck too far inside the fender and look like dog s***?
C. Is there a cheaper alternative to get 5-lug with the proper track making them fit perfectly (close to flush with the fender lip)?
D. What route did you go to fit Bullitts?

I'm also very partial to these pictured below, but don't know who makes 'em ... do you?

View attachment 510839
Please help a neighbor in need ... also if anyone would like to donate to my vanity wheel fund feel free to pm me ... (I know what you're thinkin', but hey, you gave $20 to that stripper and she wasn't even good looking.)

• Sponsors (?)

sweet_side.jpg

here are the 17x9 with drums with the ranger axle setup
they sit flush as llong as you get 24mm offset you will be fine with the bullitts or the cobras :nice:

bullitt.jpg

here is the front with the lincoln rotor

100_0008.jpg

and here is my car :banana:

Mustang Yawie said:

:hail2: Thank you!

Where did you buy the rims? ...

Also aren't the ranger axles the same as the rear 5-lug drum/axle kit Ford sells?

Which Lincoln rotors? and what else would I need?

What size and offset are the fronts ... do they stick out of the fender?

please give me the break down (no pun) so I can run them :banana:

Looks sweet :nice:

So are those 17x9" replica Bullitts all around? No problems at all running them on Lincoln rotors?

I've heard the 17x8 OEM Ford Bullitts won't fit w/ Lincoln rotors, but I probably wouldn't mind running those 17x9''s...

The wheels look awesome on your car BTW, what size tires do you have? Any shots from behind or along the side of the car to show how fush they are with the fenders? :D

89CopCoupe said:
:hail2: Thank you!

Where did you buy the rims? ...

Also aren't the ranger axles the same as the rear 5-lug drum/axle kit Ford sells?

Which Lincoln rotors? and what else would I need?

What size and offset are the fronts ... do they stick out of the fender?

please give me the break down (no pun) so I can run them :banana:

Looks sweet :nice:

I bought the rims from a place called gtr in so cal. the rear axles im using are the ford racing kit, like 200 i believe from summit. all 4 are 17x9 with the 24mm offset and they work perfect with the lincoln rotors the front im running 245 and 275 in the rear, thanks for the compliments. :banana:

Kerpal said:
So are those 17x9" replica Bullitts all around? No problems at all running them on Lincoln rotors?

I've heard the 17x8 OEM Ford Bullitts won't fit w/ Lincoln rotors, but I probably wouldn't mind running those 17x9''s...

The wheels look awesome on your car BTW, what size tires do you have? Any shots from behind or along the side of the car to show how fush they are with the fenders? :D

The 17x8 did not fit without using a spacer, i tried that first with my cousins rims. so i got the 17x9 with the 24mm offset and they fit perfectly on the rotors, the caps fits perfect. I just added the ford pony cap instead of using the cobra caps. here are some more pics

sweet_angle.jpg

100_0046.jpg

Mustang Yawie said:
... from a place called gtr ... all 4 are 17x9 with the 24mm offset and they work perfect with the lincoln rotors the front im running 245 and 275 in the rear, thanks for the compliments. :banana:

I did a search and read your earlier posts and called GTR today ...
Their supplier (ProLine) doesn't make 18x9's (what I'm gonna get) in charcoal ... so I'm gonna go through PartShopper and get them from a company called WheelReplicas (www.wheelreplicas.com)

The Lincoln rotors have the same mounting flange distance as a stock 4-lug Stang or cheap 5-lug conversion kit, correct?

I imagine you rub on the arms and inner fender when turned close to lock :shrug:

Another question, any rubbing with the 275s? Quad shocks? ... any cons with this set-up?

How does the car track with these wheels ... do ruts in the road move you around a bit?

Again, thanks for the inspiration phantom poster. :D

89CopCoupe said:
I did a search and read your earlier posts and called GTR today ...
Their supplier (ProLine) doesn't make 18x9's (what I'm gonna get) in charcoal ... so I'm gonna go through PartShopper and get them from a company called WheelReplicas (www.wheelreplicas.com)

The Lincoln rotors have the same mounting flange distance as a stock 4-lug Stang or cheap 5-lug conversion kit, correct?

I imagine you rub on the arms and inner fender when turned close to lock :shrug:

Another question, any rubbing with the 275s? Quad shocks? ... any cons with this set-up?

How does the car track with these wheels ... do ruts in the road move you around a bit?

Again, thanks for the inspiration phantom poster. :D

Yes the lincoln rotors are the same as the stock 4 lug mounting flange all you are pretty much doing with those rotors is adding a stud but keeping evrything the same, i have no problems running the 275 in the rear, i did remove the quads. up front i have no issues hitting the control arm i installed a rack limiter. as far as driving i dont follow every single thing on the, it used to when i had some kumhos, but now im using falkens 512. thanks :banana:

Mustang Yawie said:
... the lincoln rotors ...

Which years for the Lincoln Mark VII rotors??
Might be cheaper than the ebay kit??

Mustang Yawie said:
i have no problems running the 275 in the rear, i did remove the quads.

Please tell me you're running aftermarket control arms?

Mustang Yawie said:
as far as driving i dont follow every single thing on the, it used to when i had some kumhos, but now im using falkens 512. thanks :banana:

That's strange ... I had Falken ?502's? a couple years ago on 17x9 (18mm) Cobra R's and driving was constantly dealing with rut steer :nonono:
I'd wonder how Nittos ride :shrug:

Anyhow, thanks for your help... I do appreciate it :nice:
Nothing worse than throwing down good cash on junk parts that could have gone to better use :(

Yawie ...

Here is the dilema I see with the setup you have ...

Track width: The stock brake mounting surface (which is unchanged with your 5-lug conversion) to fender lip distance on the front is shorter than in the the rear and you are runnin both 17x9's on all four with the same +24mm offset...

soooooo A. The wheel lip on the front sits more flush relative to the fender or visa versa ...

soooooo B. To compensate for this ghastly appearance, a wider (275 vs 245) tire is run in the rear ... therefore making it a necessary move for you to pull the quad shocks.

Tell me where I'm wrong :shrug:

89CopCoupe said:
Yawie ...

Here is the dilema I see with the setup you have ...

Track width: The stock brake mounting surface (which is unchanged with your 5-lug conversion) to fender lip distance on the front is shorter than in the the rear and you are runnin both 17x9's on all four with the same +24mm offset...

soooooo A. The wheel lip on the front sits more flush relative to the fender or visa versa ...

soooooo B. To compensate for this ghastly appearance, a wider (275 vs 245) tire is run in the rear ... therefore making it a necessary move for you to pull the quad shocks.

Tell me where I'm wrong :shrug:

It looks even to me the reason i did the 275 is because i wanted as a wider tire. the quad shock came off because i installed and aftermarket set of trailing arms in the rear and did not need the quad. :banana:

89CopCoupe said:
Shopping rims for newly acquired '89 white notch (w/ black body moldings)...

I'm also very partial to these pictured below, but don't know who makes 'em ... do you?

View attachment 508160
Please help a neighbor in need ... also if anyone would like to donate to my vanity wheel fund feel free to pm me ... (I know what you're thinkin', but hey, you gave $20 to that stripper and she wasn't even good looking.)

These look like AZEV's :shrug: Might wanna research their wheels selection