After 3 1/2 years IT'S ALIVE! (pics)

67Thunder

Jun 19, 2005
Vancouver, Canada
I started up the 428 tonight for the first time, installed in the car.

I am pretty darn happy to be at this milestone, and have the car alive (so to speak)

I decided to peel off all the masking tape and bubble wrap we had protecting the paint, and take some pics.

Lots of details and work to go, but I really am happy with the way it looks. Nice, lean, clean, and mean.

859566_398_full.jpg

859566_401_full.jpg

859566_402_full.jpg

Next on the list, finish the hydraulic clutch, exhaust system, rad, fan, overflow, wiper washers, driveshaft

• Sponsors (?)

Very Nice. Can't wait to see the finished product.

I am just getting started on my car, and posts like this one keep me motivated. My build will take 4+ years, and when I see people that have done the same or similar it gives me hope. Keep the pics coming.

Congratulations! But that will probably only make you more impatient to get it on the road.

It took me almost 2 years to get my car driving again after I tore up the valvetrain over revving it. Now my alternator's gone out... it's always something with these old cars.

Thanks guys

Had a long weekend break and wife has bought a car for herself (mustang envy) so I have not had much spare time this week.

I am trying to get the radiator polished up this week. Burnt out one (cheap) die grinder already :(