After along time away, It's time 4 another Fox!

notchnut

Founding Member
Mar 6, 2001
New England
Havent been in the Fox scene for about 7 years so I'ts time to make a comeback. I dabbled with a Terminator, had a 99 Blown GT but my heart is with the Fox so after diligently taking care of family responsibilities over the past couple years its time daddy gets another toy.

I probably wont pull the trigger on anything until the Fall so right now all I'm doing is feeling out the market and seeing what's out there.

Price range will be between $7,000 - $10,000 I'm hoping to score a really clean ride in that range.

Coupes have always been my favrote (I'v had 4 of them) but this time around it's all about quality and condition so body style dont really matter.

The car is going to strictly be a weekend warrior so I'm ok with some radical mods as long as they're done right.

I'm thinking 306,347 single turbo or centri blown. After having a modded termi I definitly want something that moves out.

So what do you guys think of the market right now? Like I said I really havent payed much attention to the Foxes in quite a few years.

I checked the classifieds on here and there seems to be some deals however on other sites including ebay I cannot believe some of the asking prices for clean foxes! Have they reached collector status yet? What the hell did i miss?

If you guys want feel free to point me in the direction of any clean cars that you know of.

Thanks all.:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks guys, I was also thinking of maybe an unfinished project. Something that I can play with in the garage as well. Maybe a Power Adder isn't required if i can find a nice N/A build. I would like to be putting down 330-360 RWHP all said and done. I figure that power level in a nice light fox should be fun for sure.

I just finished a 4+ month search for a really clean fox. Most of what I found up here in New England was hacked up or had taken a real beating from 20 years in this environment.

In the end, I went South and found a really nice car. I think I got pretty lucky as finding the right buyer is obviously the key. Tons of pictures/video was sent before everything was finalized. Getting something that is insanely clean with out a spot of rust was definitely worth the $500 to have it trucked up.

Being a car guy in MA I couldn't believe it when it arrived and I looked under it :jaw:

I am new to the Fox world but in my search I think you should be able to do well with that budget.

K

Took me a long time to find a clean one especially here in the midwest. I almost headed down south but luckily I found one up in Wisconsin that was garage kept and never saw a winter. The previous owner took a lot of pics underneath and I'm proud to say that my undercarriage is extremely clean.

Be patient. You have a good budget you're working with. There was a 93 LX here in Chicago for somewhere in the lower $7k range. Original paint without a spec of rust, black tweed interior, original engine with under 60k miles... very nice clean car to start with.

Good luck! And welcome back!!!

Thanks guys for sharring your experiences. I have a feeling i may end up traveling a bit but that's alright, makes for a fun ride home:nice:

I have been up here in the Northeast my whole life and I hate how the area just destroys cars over the long term! I want to do my part to save a Fox and keep the dieing breed alive, lol.

I just picked another one up about a week and a half ago after 6-years away from the Mustang scene myself.

Did a lot of searching before I bought and soon realized that there is a LOT of junk out there. The market is littered with owners that have no concept of value, or grasp on reality. Rotted out, high mileage cars that have been run to rat **** still being advertised for $8K plus. Guys would put $200 chrome CAI's, cat-backs or gaudy body kits on their worn out cars and automatically think it added $3,000 to its value. Even the guy I bought mine from was trying to recoup the cost of regular maintenance items in his selling price. From what I've seen, nothing less than $7,000 is going to get you a care that doesn't require a little TLC.

I just picked another one up about a week and a half ago after 6-years away from the Mustang scene myself.

Did a lot of searching before I bought and soon realized that there is a LOT of junk out there. The market is littered with owners that have no concept of value, or grasp on reality. Rotted out, high mileage cars that have been run to rat **** still being advertised for $8K plus. Guys would put $200 chrome CAI's, cat-backs or gaudy body kits on their worn out cars and automatically think it added $3,000 to its value. Even the guy I bought mine from was trying to recoup the cost of regular maintenance items in his selling price. From what I've seen, nothing less than $7,000 is going to get you a care that doesn't require a little TLC.

LOL at the chrome CAI comment. I have seen so many engine pics of Foxes with completely abused or neglected engine bays but they all have that damn BBK chrome CAI! :nonono: Of course you get the few with the Accel yellow wires too! Unbelieveable! This is going to be a challenge for sure!

Finalizing a deal on a very clean fox today after a few years away. Its a 92 GT that is nearly stock, 100k miles, and clean paint. My jaw nearly hit the floor a few times when I started looking. Some of the prices for cars that had been abused and/or neglected absolutely blew my mind. In your price range, you can certainly find what you are looking for. Just be prepared to search for a while.