after two years of a dead car

raulbadillo

Aug 26, 2008
I finally got my car running today. It has been a long road but I got her started. She has been sitting for two years and I currently restoring it and am wanting to race it come next summer. A couple of lil things still need to be addressed though and I could use some help.

1. For some reason the accelorator cable stays stuck open. It didnt do so before i changed the lower and upper intake manifold but now it does. The only thing i can think off is that its the spacer. Its the Trickflow upper and lower intake with the 1 inch spacer in between the upper to lower manifold. The cable fits fine and I didnt have to adjust anything or monkey with anything. Bolted right up to the EGR block and aligned with the throttle and snapped into place. So what gives? lol.

2. I changed the oil in it since it was sitting for so long. I primed the motor before starting it. So when i started it, she fired right up (wouldnt start before due to a bad fuel pump ). I had a BIG smile btw....... I thought i would let her idle for five to ten minutes and she ran fine for a few minutes but out of no where smoke started to come out of the exhaust. Alot of it. I didnt think nothing of it as I thought it might be carbon and it just needs to burn out but I am not sure. It has stock exhaust and is straight piped. It was white smoke by the way. Should i let her run for a while to see if it goes away? Any tips appreciated.

My main concern it that dang accelorator cable though. Thank

• Sponsors (?)