Aftermarket Headlights....PLS COME IN

• Sponsors (?)

96gt4point6 said:
Ok i have had both of them! The first set (projectors) look good but give off even worse light output then the dingy stock lights. After 2 years i took them out so i could see. I now have the second set in for almost 2 years and so far so good. The difference in night vision is huge and they cleaned up the look on the front of my car. The projectors looked good but didn't fit the styling of my car. One of the members here has the projectors and installed a real projector lense and hid kit in his. Thats the only way i would use them.

000_0062small.jpg

Attachments

• 000_0062small.jpg
    000_0062small.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 58
Dr Jay said:
bump

Glad the 96-98 GT owners are getting good run from this thread:nice:
Where are all you 99-04 owners with aftermarket headlights :bang:

Check out Blue Oval Industries for 99+ headlights. Just cause a few people hate after-market headlights don't mean all of us have had bad experiences with them.

Dr Jay said:
bump

Glad the 96-98 GT owners are getting good run from this thread:nice:
Where are all you 99-04 owners with aftermarket headlights :bang:
your headlights stock are already acceptable! Stock 96-98 are just dingy and nasty. They should have all came with the Cobra clears. So there is a greater need for aftermarket headlight thus more options for us.

droptopponynj said:
your headlights stock are already acceptable! Stock 96-98 are just dingy and nasty. They should have all came with the Cobra clears. So there is a greater need for aftermarket headlight thus more options for us.

Actually we've had less quality options for after market headlights than 99+... they got smokes way before we did.

BUT... you are correct sir that our headlights were the most pitiful, cheap (quick yellowing) plastic, cross-eyed looking, homo headlights... it was the only thing I didn't like about our cars. But any kind of projector diamond style looks great on our cars.

:SNSign:

I've got a 99 black/black vert and the yellow from the stock headlights really stood out so I went aftermarket. I bought the smoked headlights with clear corners off mustangtuning and I love them. No problems so far, and mine are perfectly flush. I went with amber bulbs behind them, it looks pretty sick.

GDawg said:
Actually we've had less quality options for after market headlights than 99+... they got smokes way before we did.

BUT... you are correct sir that our headlights were the most pitiful, cheap (quick yellowing) plastic, cross-eyed looking, homo headlights... it was the only thing I didn't like about our cars. But any kind of projector diamond style looks great on our cars.

:SNSign:
01+ came stock with smoked lights. No aftermarket was offered other than Mustangtuning who had the same factory smoked lights with the orange reflector removed.

This is a little off topic but I thought all you 96-98 people with 'yellow headlights' might like to know this. Last week, I decided to do wetsanding process to my stock headlights because they looked like crap. Well, I had great results.

This pic is a little odd because it is photoshopped with the only two pics I could find .. but it is a before and after pic. The pic is labeled so it should make sense.

beforeandafteroppositesides24h.th.jpg

If anyone wants me to make a tutorial on how I did it, I will. I was about to buy some aftermarkets but did this first and I am going to keep my stockers until I find some aftermarkets I really like .. My stock ones are actually clear now! They have never been clear ... :D

Attachments

• beforeandafteroppositesides24h.th.jpg
    beforeandafteroppositesides24h.th.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 53
Mustang Tuning

So I sort of decided to buy new headlights from Mustang Tuning but I'm feeling a little pissy now:mad: There website is plastered with "FREE SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS" but when I completed my oder form they were charging me $67.52 for shipping. I live in Canada :canada: and I'm sure that's why but I looked everywhere on the site and didn't find anything stating this wouldn't apply to Canadian customers:ban:

Someone tell me I'm wrong

droptopponynj said:
that sanding is an improvement but still doesn't compare to the clear lense headlights in looks or function. Its worth the money to upgrade.

I agree... no matter what you do to those stock headlights they will always look plastic. I like the look of the diamond projectors. Nice and bright shiny looking glass. :nice:

Dr Jay said:
So I sort of decided to buy new headlights from Mustang Tuning but I'm feeling a little pissy now:mad: There website is plastered with "FREE SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS" but when I completed my oder form they were charging me $67.52 for shipping. I live in Canada :canada: and I'm sure that's why but I looked everywhere on the site and didn't find anything stating this wouldn't apply to Canadian customers:ban:

Someone tell me I'm wrong

Is there a phone number you can call them at...?

They did have a number on their website but I figured it was too late at night so I sent them an e-mail. This way I can pass on exactly what they say about their so called "Free Shipping" for everyone.