Aftermarket headunit running through mach 460 amps, how to rewire?

About a year ago I replaced the stock mach 460 head unit with an alpine, but I believe the stock mach 460 amps are still being used. My volume range goes from 0 to 35 on the head unit, but I never need to turn it up higher than 9 (12 would probably pop the speakers, thats how loud it is), making me think the head unit's internal amp is feeding into the mach amps. This has never been a problem for me, but now I am adding an amp and sub, and since it follows the volume, a vol 6 to 9 level doesn't give a strong enough signal to the sub, resulting in loud music but soft bass. Also, the sound quality must take a dive from being amplified twice, so I'm thinking it would be best to wire the speakers directly to the head unit's internal amp.

Is this a good idea or a bad idea?

How do I access the stock mach 460 amps?

Has anyone done this before, what are some tips? Im thinking I should just run speaker wire from the head unit to the stock amps, then make connections to the stock speaker wires there after removing the amp (that way, no need to run new wire to each speaker) Thoughts?

• Sponsors (?)

About a year ago I replaced the stock mach 460 head unit with an alpine, but I believe the stock mach 460 amps are still being used. My volume range goes from 0 to 35 on the head unit, but I never need to turn it up higher than 9 (12 would probably pop the speakers, thats how loud it is), making me think the head unit's internal amp is feeding into the mach amps. This has never been a problem for me, but now I am adding an amp and sub, and since it follows the volume, a vol 6 to 9 level doesn't give a strong enough signal to the sub, resulting in loud music but soft bass. Also, the sound quality must take a dive from being amplified twice, so I'm thinking it would be best to wire the speakers directly to the head unit's internal amp.

Is this a good idea or a bad idea?

How do I access the stock mach 460 amps?

Has anyone done this before, what are some tips? Im thinking I should just run speaker wire from the head unit to the stock amps, then make connections to the stock speaker wires there after removing the amp (that way, no need to run new wire to each speaker) Thoughts?

I rewired all my speakers from head unit to the speaker took about 40min
eliminated the whole mach 460 system.
i think the best thing to do is get rid of the mach 460
and run aftermarket speakers/amps sounds way better:nice::nice:
:SNSign::SNSign: