aftermarket Headunit with Mach 460

demon40

Jul 24, 2004
canton, nc
I know that you can replace the factory Tape/CD conbo with one aftermarket CD player but not sure exactly what all is needed to do so. Do they make a wiring harness just for this conversion or do i have to buy the stuff and wire it myself.

• Sponsors (?)

NEW HU, correct harness, can be picked up at autozone, get the one that says "ford premium sound system" comes with two separate pieces, splice to New HU harness and connect to stang. You have to do the splicing/color matching yourself! UNLESS YOU ARE BLIND AND are missing fingers, than its just as simple as matching colors, and maybe a little bit common sense and readin skills to read words on the wires. Mine is a 2000, have read that the 2001 are a lil more complicated but dont know how true this is. Good luck! Im working on a custom box for my 10 inch sub, its done just going to carpet it and wire the amp up this weekend!

NEW HU, correct harness, can be picked up at autozone, get the one that says "ford premium sound system" comes with two separate pieces, splice to New HU harness and connect to stang. You have to do the splicing/color matching yourself! UNLESS YOU ARE BLIND AND are missing fingers, than its just as simple as matching colors, and maybe a little bit common sense and readin skills to read words on the wires. Mine is a 2000, have read that the 2001 are a lil more complicated but dont know how true this is. Good luck! Im working on a custom box for my 10 inch sub, its done just going to carpet it and wire the amp up this weekend!

Pics?:shrug:

A company called Scosche makes the wiring harness and amp interface you need. Since you have the Mach 460 the amp interface is a must. The part number for the harness is FDK10B and the amp interface is SLC4. Go to www.scosche.com to make sure. Most of the time you can find them at your local stereo dept or auto store.