Aftermarket heated seat kit?

w.neurauter

Apr 25, 2005
As winter approaching in Chicago I'm dreading sitting on the ice cold leather seats in the GT first thing in the morning. I've been looking at some aftermarket heated seat kits to use, only about $80 per seat. Has anyone ever used or done anything like this?

• Sponsors (?)

As winter approaching in Chicago I'm dreading sitting on the ice cold leather seats in the GT first thing in the morning. I've been looking at some aftermarket heated seat kits to use, only about $80 per seat. Has anyone ever used or done anything like this?

I havn't installed anything like that before, but for $80, I would give it a shot. Just try it on one seat and see how it goes.

The place I'm leaning toward is autowarm.com. There are also a few other places that can be found doing google searches. Does anyone have any experience taking leather seat covers off of our seats? From what I've found it's pretty simple to do once you get the seats out of the car. I'm guessing it can't be too hard to take the seats out of the car, never done it with my car but have done it on my cousins Porsche without any problems.

yeah, our cars take a long time to warm up. I just drive the car to the train station in the morning which is maybe 10 minutes at the most. Even when i let it warm up for 5 minutes it take until I get there for warm air to make it out. With heated seats I would just give it a 1 minute or so warm up to warm up the seats. I'd save a lot of gas as well.